Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: trolling speed.

Post Thanks / Like

Default trolling speed.

If I pull a 1/32 oz jig at around .7 mph and I'm in around 6 to 7 foot of water,,how much deeper will it run if I tie another 1/32 on the line about 18in below it? Do I need to increase my speed allot to over 1 mph

Post Thanks / Like

There are a couple of threads on the jig tying forum over the last 3 or 4 months that talk of this. They spurred off a thread about making 1/24 oz. mold. I think It was said two 1/32 oz Would run about the same as a 1/24. I am not cleaver enough to post the link or i would. The running speed was .7 mph I believe. The info in those threads will be of more help than I am. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 8fishermen View Post
    There are a couple of threads on the jig tying forum over the last 3 or 4 months that talk of this. They spurred off a thread about making 1/24 oz. mold. I think It was said two 1/32 oz Would run about the same as a 1/24. I am not cleaver enough to post the link or i would. The running speed was .7 mph I believe. The info in those threads will be of more help than I am. Good luck.
    Yes I saw that thread last year about weights and speed it was done my Kelly Matthews a guide over on lake Weiss. He no longer is guiding and is not on the board anymore. I search for that thread and could not find it. hmmmm??

Post Thanks / Like

OK, Gona try this. http://www.crappie.com/crappie/jig-t...head-mold.html

This is not the thread, but I believe that discussion was spawned from it.

Post Thanks / Like

ok I watched that one again. A 1/32 runs 2 to 4 foot. If I tie two 1/32 oz jigs on will they run deeper and how much?

Post Thanks / Like

I looked for the other thread and could not find it. I don't long line troll, so I am going from what I have read. Someone asked if 2 @ 1/32 would run as deep as a 1/16 and the answer was it would run more like a 1/24. I think they said 8' with tail material and line size being the variable.