Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: need yer opnions on configureing my boat for night fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default need yer opnions on configureing my boat for night fishing

did a little bit of night fishing last year and i have a few things i wanna work on for this year. I own a 2005 ranger fish and ski. so needless to say i dont wanna drill any holes in my boat. I would like to somehow mount a couple poles for lanterns over the side. any idea how i can get this done without drilling holes in the boat? also same idea goes with rod holders. However i mainly want lanterns.

Post Thanks / Like

use small inner tubes and float them .

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Ironbeer ....

Quote Originally Posted by ironbeer View Post
    did a little bit of night fishing last year and i have a few things i wanna work on for this year. I own a 2005 ranger fish and ski. so needless to say i dont wanna drill any holes in my boat. I would like to somehow mount a couple poles for lanterns over the side. any idea how i can get this done without drilling holes in the boat? also same idea goes with rod holders. However i mainly want lanterns.
    Somebody makes a PVC setup, that your seat post fits thru and then a pole extends out from there ... that you could hang a lantern on. (I saw it on here, I believe ... just can't remember who makes it)
    I never much cared for pole holders ... always laid my rods down on the deck, when tightlining :p ... so I ain't much help there. :D
    Closest thing to a "no drill" set of pole holders, that I ever used, was a 1x12 stretched across the length of the boat (an old V bottom alum boat, that was a buddy of mine's father's boat) But, for a Fish/Ski ... I'd say you could probably rig up some kind of PVC gizmo, that would serve both purposes.

...cp

Post Thanks / Like

They make pole holders that clamp onto the cleats on your boat and is what I would recommend for your boat.

PB Wht. Crappie 2.48 lbs 02-12-2011

Post Thanks / Like

Well they hit wat I was gonna suggest so I will be creative.

Take a dumbell weight and some PVC and make a lantern holder. Can also make a rod holder that way.

Another way to make one would be to make a PCV base and fill it with sand for weight. Can be any dimensions that way and can hold both pole holders and lanterns. 2 inch for the base with reducer T's in specific locations for the stand pipe to set up the lantern holder and pole holders. Keep them in place with small screws so you can move them later if you need to or maybe some duck tape to keep them from turning.
    I love taking my kids fishing, now if I could just manage to fish at the same time.

Post Thanks / Like

Check out this site, they have attachments that fit the cleats on your boat...

Extreme Fishing Concepts Driftmaster rod holders , Santee rod holders , Joy Fish cast nets and Redi Rig Floats

Post Thanks / Like

hmm the pvc idea is not a bad idea. the rod holders doesnt matter. i dont fish enough to need them. but i would like the lanterns think ill try the pvc idea. THX

Post Thanks / Like

Father-in-Law used to float 3 lanterns on PVC about 30 yards apart and would spider-rig in a figure 8 pattern thru them during the night. I think that he did pretty good at times.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

I use a headlight inserted into a piece of stro-foam allowing it to shine down into the water and just float around, but of course you can also anchor it to the bottom. I connect it to a battery, you can use more than one if you want to. Where I fish we just hang the lanterns in trees we have plenty of that around.

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey ironbeer, check out this thread about the PVC rod holders that I built...

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/main-...d-holders.html

As far as the night fishing lights...I use 1 million candlepower spotlights glued into a styrofoam ring floating on top of the water.

I can almost see china thru the water...lol
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor