Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Garmin inland lakes map software...opinions???

Scrapper is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II - Moderator Mechanics forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Garmin inland lakes map software...opinions???

Got a GPSMAP 76csx for Christmas and well...as you all know...the base map STINKS...Have any of you had much experience with the inland lakes software?? I am in SW Arkansas and would be getting the corresponding card...what do all of you think of the software?? I have heard alot of bad responce to it...that many lakes are very vague on the software...would it be worth it?? I mainly want a decent shoreline and islands, riverchannels and such...I use expert GPS for my topography and mark accordingly. Just pros and cons and comparing to the hotmaps and such. Thanks alot!
    "But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 25:15

Post Thanks / Like

Scrapper,

I'm on Ouachita today (Monday), all day, but I'll call you later on, or you can call me at your convenience.

You're gonna fall in love with that GPS, I'm tellin' you!

aj

Post Thanks / Like

hi scrap I to got a 76cxs i bought the inland c.d. not real good detail. paid 118.00 for it not real sure if it is worth it!!!!!
    If it will hold cornmeal it's big enough for me !!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have Inland lake on my 76cxs and the locations of creeks and rivers in the lake is accurate. When fishing on D'arbonne in La., when the gps showed the bayou, the depth finder was showing it too. Very good for finding the sharp bends of streams. On the lakes they have listed on their site it has depth detail also. Here is a link to their list of lakes that are on inland lakes in detail, you'll have to look in 2 regions for all of Arkansas lakes. The north Ar lakes are in the north central region and lower half of Ar is in the south central region. Hope this helps.

http://www8.garmin.com/cartography/i...Lakes_List.pdf

A bad day of fishing
    beats a good day at work.

Jerry

Post Thanks / Like

I had the same question 2 years ago. I finally had Garmin send me a fax of a section of the lake I fish most often, one that I knew really well. When I looked at it, it was missing key features that I knew were there, including an entire island! I didn't buy it and moved to a GPS that handles Navionics.

However, it may depend on your particular lake(s); you could try the same thing I did and then make your decision.