Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Robo Boat Update....

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Robo Boat Update....

Before I head to the lake this afternoon, thought I would post some updates on the Robo Boat. All the electronics is now working. Presently, I am working on the Robo body (carving head from styro foam, rib cage fittings, etc). Should finish up next month. Ready for the TZur tourney.

Added rudder position indicator for the trolling motor position.

Notice I added a remote controlled net for the big one I am gonna get. haha
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

I love it
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

So, what is the story behind the robo-boat?

Looks like a fun project. Is it going to be a functioning fishing platform?

I work at a tech school, so I'm no stranger to unusual projects. There's probably some folks around here that would be interested in the details of what you are doing.

Bowfin
    John 21:3
    Simon Peter said to them, "I am going fishing." They said to him, "We are going with you also." They went out and immediately got into the boat, and that night they caught nothing.

And we act like this Nightstalking thing is new.

For some excitment, read the next verse. A special guest arrived, they filled their coolers and had a fish fry on the beach...in the morning. My kind of people.- Bowfin

Post Thanks / Like

Cane Pole;;; Who that pretty thang you got in the boat, Is she single, and does she date white boys. uuuwweeee man, she fine!!!!!.
    By the way the boat look's great too coming along good

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I can see it all now. "NEW WORLD RECORD CAUGHT BY ROBOT" However, since there was an electric motor on the reel, IFGA does not recognize it. Bummer!!
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieLips
    Cane Pole;;; Who that pretty thang you got in the boat, Is she single, and does she date white boys. uuuwweeee man, she fine!!!!!.
    By the way the boat look's great too coming along good
    Looks more like a "he" with a mullet. Cane Pole, are you trying to make it look like a bass fisherman?

I don't mean to offend any bass fisherman. I catch a lot of incidental bass when fishing for bowfin, gar , and crappie. I just can't keep those crazy things from biting my line when fishing for the challenging fish.

Bowfin
    John 21:3
    Simon Peter said to them, "I am going fishing." They said to him, "We are going with you also." They went out and immediately got into the boat, and that night they caught nothing.

And we act like this Nightstalking thing is new.

For some excitment, read the next verse. A special guest arrived, they filled their coolers and had a fish fry on the beach...in the morning. My kind of people.- Bowfin

ray Guest

WOW!!!, Like you told me in April, "you wont reconnize this when I get done with it." that is one very nice job you have done with that ole boat. Sure hope to see it,

Post Thanks / Like

Fantatic job! Gotta be a heck of a lot of work and fun. Needs a GPS system with a tv camera and transmitter so you can fish the whole lake, even out of sight. You've taken the RPV program to the next step.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ok

Quote Originally Posted by reelcrappie
    Fantatic job! Gotta be a heck of a lot of work and fun. Needs a GPS system with a tv camera and transmitter so you can fish the whole lake, even out of sight. You've taken the RPV program to the next step.
    It has wireless camera and depth finder. Have a max range of about 1/4 mile. However, that small boat is hard to see and control a great distance, even with a camera. Yep, I could GPS it, hell I could send it to the moon. All I need is the money to do it...lol
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"