Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Anybody use electric hook sharpeners for crappie size hooks?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anybody use electric hook sharpeners for crappie size hooks?

I see these 10 to 15 dollar electric hook sharpeners at the tackle stores and wonder how well they do on tiny little crappie hooks. Anybody use one and does it work?
    Small Boat Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I have used the rotary stone on my line stripper in a pinch. It does OK with very light pressure but not as good as a dia. hone or hook file. Probably not the same thing as what you're talking about Though.

Post Thanks / Like

Got one from BPS made by Rapala. One of there sales reps talked me out of one of the hones and into this thing. Guess he saw me coming. I hate it for small hooks. Haven't tried it on large hooks. I would mail it to you but that would be wasting more money and I don't think I can throw it that far.:D I started a similar thread not long ago about this subject and the consensus seems to be the pen style hones.

Post Thanks / Like

Go to Wal-Mart and buy the retractable pocket steel for around 7 bucks. It has a groove in it for sharpening hooks. Should be in the knife display case.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

Default sharpeners

Almost all of the hook sharpeners ive seen made for fishing are way to coarse for my liking. I was looking at small ex. fine hones.
    "Some days im Basstastic other days im crapptacular"