Default East Fork

anyone fishing sunday 28th or monday 29th
    I hear its up and muddy...
    J.I.L. <*)}}}><

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yates View Post
    anyone fishing sunday 28th or monday 29th
    I hear its up and muddy...

Dumb question for ya fellas. Do you guys do well for crappie in the high muddy water? I Just always figured sense crappie seemed to be sight feeders then the fishing would not be up to par. If the crappie fishin is good I may try to go in the next week or so.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been pouring jig heads for the last half hour in preparation for Monday.. I have plans of being on the water just after daylight on the 29th

Post Thanks / Like

Starvin said yesterday that the water had came up three feet or so but there didnt seem to be any change in the water level in the time we were there (all day). Hopefully that means the water level had crested already. There was plenty of clear water in the main lake and we were even able to catch fish in the upper lake, just not in the river. It was pretty muddy and not the color I prefer to fish. I would definitely take my chances fishing it on Sunday or Monday. Based on the way they were biting Friday (Check out the Eastfork 12/26/08 post for details), I would say they are jumping in the boat by now.

Post Thanks / Like

If I don't go hunting tomorrow, I might go fishing on Monday. If I go I plan on getting there early.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=CrappieCrazed;646621]Dumb question for ya fellas. Do you guys do well for crappie in the high muddy water? I Just always figured sense crappie seemed to be sight feeders then the fishing would not be up to par. If the crappie fishin is good I may try to go in the next week or so.[/QUOTE

I'll be there; with the right colors, for that muddy water I think we will fill the box! in fact I'll bet we get over, (like..cool..hand..Luke)..say 50!... lol... Larry
    Last edited by Yates; 12-27-2008 at 09:24 PM.
    J.I.L. <*)}}}><

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=JusFshn;646672]I have been pouring jig heads for the last half hour in preparation for Monday.. I have plans of being on the water just after daylight on the 29th[/QUOTE

Monday looks to be the best bet do to high winds, I have some jig heads for you from Santa? he can by last week, you were already gone. he stayed 30 min. to see if you were coming back. he left them with me, he had two Coor's and flew away. he said his rain deer?? know the way... I may see you Monday?
    J.I.L. <*)}}}><

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieCrazed View Post
    Dumb question for ya fellas. Do you guys do well for crappie in the high muddy water? I Just always figured sense crappie seemed to be sight feeders then the fishing would not be up to par. If the crappie fishin is good I may try to go in the next week or so.
    They still gotta eat! I do pretty well in muddy water in spring, just start shallow. It's pretty rare to get a lot of muddy water in the winter, but they can still be caught. Heck, as shallow as they've been most days, the mud shouldn't really be much of a factor.
    Larry good luck Sunday and save a few for Jusfshn for Monday. As far as that goes, leave a few for me and my dad. We'll be out Wednesday. Hopefully the sore mouth you give 'em will wear off by then.:D
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

any reports from today? How does the water look? Any tips are apprieciated. I'll be there tomorrow morning.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Yates;646799]
    Quote Originally Posted by JusFshn View Post
    I have been pouring jig heads for the last half hour in preparation for Monday.. I have plans of being on the water just after daylight on the 29th[/QUOTE

Monday looks to be the best bet do to high winds, I have some jig heads for you from Santa? he can by last week, you were already gone. he stayed 30 min. to see if you were coming back. he left them with me, he had two Coor's and flew away. he said his rain deer?? know the way... I may see you Monday?
    I hope you thanked Santa for me.. Guess I will have to replace them Silver Bullets for ya...:D