Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Grixx is on board

Post Thanks / Like

Default Grixx is on board

Hey guys I thought if I should be around the forum It would be cool to introduce myself. The name is Brad Laughlin. I am from Maryland. I am practically 16 since my birthday is on the 28th of December. I am an experienced bass fisherman wanting to hook up with some crappies :D I will be at BPS on my birthday except I will also take a roll through the crappie isles this time and load up! I really enjoy Parkour and Weight Lifting. I also have a large interest in animals and pets. I would like my career to work with animals one day. I just don't really know what I want to do. I love Reptiles though and Have a bearded dragon as a pet *points to avatar* he is hunter 8 years old. He is my buddy!!!

Hey a long with the amount of reading up I will be doing tonight and tomorrow on crappie fishing can any one suggest a few must have lures for me?

Thanks for reading!
    Brad Laughlin

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Mississippi Grixx. You might want to start out with some jig heads (1/16 & 1/8) and some tube jigs. Anything with chartruse in it works well for me. Pink and white works well too.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Howdy Doody............

Invest in a minnow bucket while you at BPS. Get a couple dozen minners and go fish huntin. Crappies don't care bout big mussles. If theys did, I wouldon't gets any Pomoxis.....

Glad to see young folks working out. You ain't a PETA fan are ya?
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

check your private message box brad.....i used to live there and can tell you where to catch some crappie close by......

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not PETA fan I am convinced that them PETA folks are nothing but crazy nut jobs. However I still respect nature and won't kill something just because it's there. Though I don't hunt I am still a fan of it and one day I will hunt. It's just that I was not born into a hunting family so I never got the chance to hunt.

Forgot to mention that I am not really a live bait man. Being a Bass fisherman I would be so embarrassed if any of my bass buddies saw me on the bank with a bucket of minnows...
    Last edited by GrixxlyFish; 12-26-2008 at 10:38 PM.
    Brad Laughlin

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Illinois, I like to throw Roadrunners, 1/16 th oz, White head, white rubber body with green back, also Chartrues head and body.

Post Thanks / Like

welcome aboard grixx. i like to use jig's myself, but nothing wrong with a bucket of minners.
    Dave

kycreek is online now Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I normally use minnows but always have a pole with a roadrunner rigged up.

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GrixxlyFish View Post
    Hey guys I thought if I should be around the forum It would be cool to introduce myself. The name is Brad Laughlin. I am from Maryland. I am practically 16 since my birthday is on the 28th of December. I am an experienced bass fisherman wanting to hook up with some crappies :D I will be at BPS on my birthday except I will also take a roll through the crappie isles this time and load up! I really enjoy Parkour and Weight Lifting. I also have a large interest in animals and pets. I would like my career to work with animals one day. I just don't really know what I want to do. I love Reptiles though and Have a bearded dragon as a pet *points to avatar* he is hunter 8 years old. He is my buddy!!!

Hey a long with the amount of reading up I will be doing tonight and tomorrow on crappie fishing can any one suggest a few must have lures for me?

Thanks for reading!
    Welcome to the board--good to see youngins interested in fishin---
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Mississippi. Check out the jig making forum. Lots of ideas on there. You can usually find tubes that are similar in color. Good luck.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast