Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Marshyhope crappies in winter?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Marshyhope crappies in winter?

Hey crabratwurst do ya ever crappie fish Marshyhope in winter ? I have but its been many years. Welcome aboard.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes but it's been a few years.... I just bought another boat recently and will have it out on the marshyhope as soon as I get it registered and pick up a few little items for it.

Used to get crappie around the pilings of the federalsburg bridge and the mouths of small little feeder creeks....

Can't wait I'll post up what we get into!

Wonder if anyone is selling minnows yet?

Post Thanks / Like

How bout the woodenhawk ditch that runs under rt. 404 , have you ever fished that spot. I try to catch my own minnows when I have time or some of the tackle shops have some left from flounder fishing & I get the smallest ones they have. Last year we used very few minnows caught more on jigs & plastics.I been able to catch plenty of grass shrimp but the minnows have been harder to come by this winter, we use the shrimp in some spots for crappie but use alot of them for white perch in winter & early spring.

Post Thanks / Like

I've road past that ditch hundreds of times but never fished it.

Post Thanks / Like

Its good in the spring I never fished it in winter yet. Some guys I work with do good in there with a canoe, I'd like to try to slide my 14ft. jon in there one time. By your screen name I take it you like to crab. I love to run my trot line in the summer & early fall. Did pretty well around Cambridge late in the season.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not far from that canal, actually my house is on the Delaware side of Denton, right on the line..

Got crabbratwurst from this.... Chesapeake Bay Bratwurst ® by Tuckahoe Products LLC :D

Post Thanks / Like

Now thats making me hungry, I go thru that area alot when go accross the bridge to visit family in AA.CO. going up that way today , going to a wash. capitals hockey game.