Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: lake washington largemouth

Post Thanks / Like

Default lake washington largemouth

i was wondering if anyone knew how to consistently catch largemouth out of lake washington. Last year I caught a 3 pounder around the pilings by the arbortetum and a 4 pounder in the backwater behing the floating bridges at foster island but this year i have spent a good amount of time fishing this area with no success. This area looks very bassy and i very rarely see people fishing it. My only success has come on jigs even though ive used a variety of lures. If anyone has some advice on catching these bass i would greatly appreciate it.

Post Thanks / Like

I am no expert by any measns but from what i have learned the Arboretum has one of the largest concentrations of largemouths bass in lake washington. Due to the agrressive nature of the smallmouth they will not tolerate the largies so they get pushed off and stay tight to cover, work weeds, wood, and lilys. But that is all I can really say.
    To land one of my crappie i need a gaff and a .22 pistal :D

Post Thanks / Like

The Arboretrum is one place to try and the muddier canals is another, because smallmouth avoid those canals that get muddy and weed choked.
    Eat your wheaties
    Okuma
    Sniper Lures Custom Baits
    Fetha' 'styx Custom Rods
    Outlaw Baits
    Reaction Innovations
    XS ENERGY DRINKS

Post Thanks / Like

The thing I've noticed about the arbortetum is once those dang sticklebacks move in to spawn it can get tough for bass fishing back there. Try along the houses and apartments south of the 520 bridge. Toss 3inch senkos under the docks and that huge tree in the water. The outside edge of the weed beds can be good in the mornings too. White spinnerbaits and black buzzbaits have worked good for me. There are a lot more laremouths in lake union I feel. Night fishing along the docks with spinnerbaits can be killer at times. Also, slowly reeling grubs past dock post will nail them every time.