Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Why ain't there a fishing stuff trade show????

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Why ain't there a fishing stuff trade show????

There are antique trade shows, car trade shows, boat trade shows, gun trade shows, baseball card trade shows, Elvis trade shows ,hell the are even wife trade shows...The list goes on...........Now I know there are more members in the "fishing cult" than all these others combined.. Some of you young slabs need to step up to bat and get it going (my batter is too thin anymore).
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently you have missed the boat sport and travel show up in Indianapolis each year around Febuary ........ wow lots of boats ....lots of fishing stuff..... and yes a camper and some hunting stuff .....but there's Outfitters there from all over Gods Country to get information from too ....got lots of good maps for future visits to Canada this past year !!
    Jim McIntyre
    [email protected]

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

try one yourself . we have a man here that has gun trade show `sall over ga. .you rent a place advertise . rent tables . my soninlaw sell his hand made knives at them
    retired and now i will always fish

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Cane Pole .......

Kentucky has numerous "swap meets", around the state, every year ..... primarily for fishing related products. Good venue for "custom" & "home made" products (lures, rods, etc). And, the good thing about "these", is they are free to attend (for the buying public) ... as opposed to the "Boat/RV" shows, which charge you to enter.

You sure you "need" any more "fishing stuff" ?? I was under the impression that you had them Ky Lake Slabs waiting, at your dock, to be "fed" :D ...cp

Post Thanks / Like

We also have a Fish-O-Rama which is like a trade show in Perry, GA with all kinds of fishing vendors....it is a HUGE trade show.
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Saint Louis, MO has a huge sports show every Feb around the middle of the month.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

The biggest problem is that used fishing tackle REALLY takes a hit. I sold Loomis rods for years and even they didn't retain any real value. Sell a rod for 200$ get a little bait or pond scum on it and its 50 or 75$. I've paid the bills for over 30 years gunsmithing and selling guns. Think of the rods you used 15 years ago, let alone 30 years ago. What are they worth. The guns that were made in the 50's and 60's were about as good as it gets. AND some guns that are made now have parts interchangeable with the same model 50 years ago. Try that with a Shimano from 10 years back. I just sold a sight for 25$ that I took off an old remington 20 years ago that the customer didn't even want, in the middle of this posting. The plug collectors have shows but Ebay cuts into that hard.