Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Looking for a Bluegill guide at Santee Cooper

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking for a Bluegill guide at Santee Cooper

Hi gang, I was looking for some help in locating a guide for the Santee Cooper area. I am really interested in catching some trophy bream for my wife. I am a very avid crappie and bluegill fisherman here in Ohio, but 2 lb. bream are few and far between. I have been doing a lot of research on places that produce good numbers of big fish and it looks like the Santee Cooper area is about as good as it gets. I am very fortunate to catch all of the crappies and gills my freezer can hold 20 min from my house but I would really like to catch some trophies. If anyone could reccomend a guide I would be forever greatful. Thanks for your advise.

Post Thanks / Like

Stick this post in the South Carolina board and you should get some hits.
    TinBoats.net
    The original aluminum boat fishing club!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard CRAPPIECOMMANDER from another buckeye. Where are located in Ohio.
    Ohio State Board moderator
    www.easternbuckeyecrappieclub.com
    or [email protected]
    NAFC Life Member

Post Thanks / Like

CC Last year for A Christmas gift for my dad I booked a guide at santee in April. We loaded the boat with BIG blue gill and crappie! His name is L.C. Wolfe. Dont have his number handy right now but if you cant find it P.M. me and I will find it.He is a great guide and super nice guy! Good luck.
    FISH 55

Post Thanks / Like

Hi bttmline, I am located in Prospect near Marion. I'm 20 minutes north of Delaware lake and 35-40 min from Alum. Nice to see another ohio crappie man on here.

Fish 55 thanks for the tip I will definatly check on your guy, sounds like you had a great trip. What was the biggest fish you guys caught while you were there?

Post Thanks / Like

Try this link. Looks like it is the guide service fish55 mentioned.

Welcome to LC Wolfe Guide Service!

Post Thanks / Like

I grew up in S.C. and one thing I can tell you, is there are much better places than Santee Cooper for huge bluegill. Just north of North Augusta, SC you can find the Stevens creek. Huge fish on the creek. Also several private ponds around Johnston, SC that charge a dollar or two to fish all day. We used to catch bluegill over 2 pounds on some of them. Also up by Clark Hill Lake in a little town called Plum Branch you can find a spill way dam that sits on part of the Stevens creek. You will fill a cooler fast full of huge bluegill there. Also great fly fishing for bass and bluegill below the spill way. You had better take a ton of light brown crickets with you if you ever decide to hit Stevens creek.
    Show off your rod. Fish naked.