Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Shenango Last Evening 6/7/05

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shenango Last Evening 6/7/05

got a call from my friend jeff, he wanted to go out in the boat. got a late start and got underway at 6:30 p.m. launched from tara. searched deep water (18'-14') for structure and found some fish. came off the lake at 8:30 with 30 fish between us, all on minnows, jigs and tails. lots of people on shore and in boats swimming trying to cool off. nice night. we decided to give mosquito a try tonight. Gary

Post Thanks / Like

got up to mosquito last night from 4:30 -9:00. when we got there we picked up 2 walleye and about a dozen big crappie drifting slip bobbers and minnows. the wind died at about 6:30 and we trolled the remainder of the night, ended up with 2 walleye limits all between 19"-24" and a cooler full of big crappie, got 3 at 16". i would not believe the action we had in this heat. Gary

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Gary, what part of the lake were you fishing? If i dont make it up to conny this saturday, i'll be heading to squito. The boat traffic at shenango last week was terrible.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Chaunc; We were on the north end between the island and the nursiery waters. Most action came in 8' of H2O. I was also thinking of going to conny for perch. Hope this helps, if you need more info let me know. Gary

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much....

Post Thanks / Like

Whats goin on guys?! Haven't heard from anybody and I haven't been on the lake in about 2 weeks. Been hittin the river, low only one gate open. Lost a nice pike last night and had a big muskie follow a bomber long A right up to my feet. Hopin to get out this week.

REDNECK

P.S. Heard a rumor that a 54lb muskie was caught at shenango about 2 weeks ago. Anyone else hear about it?

Post Thanks / Like

I fished shenango lake saturday for a few hours. Got 26 keepers(crappies) but none were over 11". Never left the no-wake zone. I talked to my brother today and he said he fished saturday too. Caught close to a hundred fish between two people. Kept 72. Said if they weren't 10" they threw em back. He fished deep water.

Post Thanks / Like

Chaunc, How are you? I am glad your getting the rust off your new Lund. I was thinking about this Sat. and Sun. at Shenango, I figured the fish are in deep water now. You brother say what depth? Are you planning for this weekend to hit it? Weather is to be cooler. Zimmy

Post Thanks / Like

Yes,he did say. 17ft water. Over brush. I'm taking my older brother(#3 of 7) and one of his sons with me saturday morning. Would like to launch from mahaney area but that launch is loaded with goose poop every morning that i've been there this year. It's the closest one to me, only 8 minutes from my front door, but i think i'll head up to the campground launch. Hope to see you there.