Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oconee River Drowning

Post Thanks / Like

Default Oconee River Drowning

WTOC, Savannah, Georgia, news, weather and sports | Family and friends search for Coffee County man

They still have not recovered his body. Montgomery County has requested assistance from my agency. I may be headed up there in the morning with side scan sonar to see what we can do. From the reports up there, the river is moving fast, so diving will probably be out of the question unless we see something on the side scan.

Post Thanks / Like

Hate to hear news like this . Our prayers will be with the family. lets all take a few extra Min's when we are on the water to play it safe. There may not be a second chance.

Post Thanks / Like

Did not find the body yesterday. Headed back up there shortly to spend the day searching.

Post Thanks / Like

You be careful too Jim. Prayers sent for the family and those searching.
    Birddog,

I pray that I may live to fish until my dying day. And when it comes to my last cast I then most humbly pray. When in the Lord's great landing net and peacefully asleep. That in His mercy I be judged, BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

Post Thanks / Like

Did not make it up there today. As we were enroute the boat trailer blew a tire. Our policy forbids us from changing our own tires, so we had to call a tire company out. By the time they got there and replaced the tire a lot of time was wasted so we had to call off the trip.

Post Thanks / Like

let me know if you need divers.im a recovery diver and have several friends close by that are too..we may be able to get over if needed..the river here has dropped some,maybe it will there too if we dont get much rain

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by manta1 View Post
    let me know if you need divers.im a recovery diver and have several friends close by that are too..we may be able to get over if needed..the river here has dropped some,maybe it will there too if we dont get much rain
    Appreciate the offer Matt. Sent you a PM with some more information.

Post Thanks / Like

My prayers go out to his family. I understand he was on a jet ski in the river Sat.,I 'd a thought it too cool for doing that last Sat..Be safe Jim in the search and hope the recovery ends soon.

Post Thanks / Like

any news? im sure the family is having a rough Christmas.i hope they get some closure.
    looking for someone in water is like looking for needle in haystack.i pray the LORD sends the family comfort.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by manta1 View Post
    any news? im sure the family is having a rough Christmas.i hope they get some closure.
    looking for someone in water is like looking for needle in haystack.i pray the LORD sends the family comfort.
    No news yet.

The family that was on scene when I was up there was very appreciative of everyones efforts. They were as prepared as they could be for the inevitable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast