Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Wanna wish all of you a Merry Christmas

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Wanna wish all of you a Merry Christmas

Packing my Sleigh and headed south for a few days. Baskets full to all. Have a safe Christmas.

Sincerely,

Tom
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Thank You, and you have a safe and Happy Holiday Season too Tom. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nebraska

EB - Where in NE are you located? It seems that you are the only one that posts on the NE forum. Hastings, maybe? I have to be in Kearney the last of Jan for a trade show and may ice fish at Merritt while I am there.

cricket george

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning cricket george! I am located on the east end of Ne. around Omaha. The ice should be thick enough when you get there. If you have never Ice Fished you will be in for a treat. You will catch bigger and more fish though the ice than at any other time of the year. They school up pretty good and most of the time it is by size class. There isn't to many decent lakes on this end of the State to fish at. We have a lot of small lakes(100-350 acres) around this area but with most of the population on this end of the State they get fished out pretty quick. Our State Fisheries guys really don't know what they are doing and have messed up about all the lakes around this area. I own a lot on a private lake so have some really nice fishing water. The only time I fish any other lake is if someone wants me to take them to a certain lake, just to see if I can catch fish there. Hope you have a great time Ice Fishing and Please be safe on the ice. It can be pretty unpredictable at times.

Post Thanks / Like

Recently I read an article how NE DNR had imported WP to the lakes in NE. Seems the WP had eaten about every other fish species in the NE lakes. Here in SC the WP have taken over almost all the crappie lakes. SCDNR removed them from the game fish list and now you can catch as many as you wish. If you don't take them home just kill them. Hopefully their numbers will decrease with this added pressure. Several of the guys here target them and load up. Easily catch 50 or more an outing. Also they use them for bait for Arkansas blue cat fish.

Post Thanks / Like

They are just one of the many examples of their incompetence here. The DNR thought they would be a food source for the other fish. They are so spiney that no other fish will eat them. So they added Northern Pike to the lakes to get rid of the white perch. After they were in the lakes for awhile they did a survey to see what the pike were eating and they was full of Crappie and Walleye. The WP eat the same as the crappie and Walleye and are more prolific now so the Crappie and Walleye are suffering now. Dropped the limit down to 1 walleye and it has to be over 22inchs but under 25 inches. But you can keep all the Cats you want.