Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: bankfishing

texasfish123 Guest

Default bankfishing

we will get our boat out of the shop and we primarily do not crappie fish but it seems the bass have moved deep now and cant catch them we did pretty good catchin some crappie at grapevine on minnows under the light at night.....but they have disapperared as well. could anyone give me any tips on fishing at night. we used poewr bait along side minnows.....someone told me dog food is good chum can anyone confirm this? thanks for the help

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not from texas but I have also heard about dog food as chum. I don't know if it really works or not. I've also heard of guys punching holes in cans of corn and sinking them to attract fish.
    I pray that I may live to fish until my dying day. And when it comes to my last cast I then most humbly pray. When in the Lord's great landing net and peacefully asleep. That in His mercy I be judged, BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

Post Thanks / Like

Default fish deep

The crappie have moved to deep water. Find deep brushpiles in 25' foot of water or so. Try the submerged lights. this will attract bait closer to where the crappie are holding.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Try

Crappie have moved to deeper water. Big Dave is right, were catching really good crappie in 25 ' of water on the edge oa a creek. A place I build about 16 month ago. It is coming around now, and should hol thru the summer. That was one of the reason we built it, for a summer pattern.
    As for the dog food. I know it works on primarily bailt fish, which attracts other fish, but beware... The catfish will come in and take it over. That may be fine with you though. I ruined some piles a couple of years with sacks of dry dog food. We cought mostly channel cats, and very few crappie afterwards. If you will saty in the brush, timber, deep weedlines, you will not need to bait any holes for crappie.

Good fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up chum

I like to use cottenseed cake. You can get it at feed stores. Put it in some old pantyhouse and sink it around where you want to fish. They usually have bait around them within a couple of hours. I like this method better than the dogfood because it doesn't attract the catfish as much.
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!