Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: bobby garland custom baits

Post Thanks / Like

Question bobby garland custom baits

is there any out there that uses bobby garland slab slayrs and 2" shads? if so, how do you fish them? ive had great success on many soft plastics, but these baits have not been very friendly to me. its obvious that im missing something.

Post Thanks / Like

you have a PM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dr jigz View Post
    is there any out there that uses bobby garland slab slayrs and 2" shads? if so, how do you fish them? ive had great success on many soft plastics, but these baits have not been very friendly to me. its obvious that im missing something.
    bought some last night... I would say use them like a crappie stinger.. Thats what they remind me of.. Looks like a fine bait.. You can tell they are proud of them by the way they have em priced.. Kinda hoping they don't work real good at roughly $0.25 a grub.. Geeze!

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't done very well with the Slab Slayr's, but the baby shad is a great bait. Lasts through many fish.
    I cast them on a 1/16th oz jig head, sometimes tipped with a small minnow.
    I've never done it, but I don't see why they wouldn't work as a good road runner body.
    Do gooder since April 26, 2009!

Post Thanks / Like

They are very popular in Oklahoma. I have great success fishing them vertical or spider rigging with them.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bobby Garland jigs

dr jigz - Here is a pic of 17 crappie I took in 45 minutes fishing a Bobby Garland slab slayer (electric chicken) 18 inches below a weighted cork in a pond. The one on the measuring board is 13 inches, and I also had a dozen 12's, three 11's, and one 10 incher.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Ken

Post Thanks / Like

I love the double silver rainbow in the 3 inch . And the new color in baby shad shape called vegas
    The fish were bitting yesterday, The fish will bite tomorrow,,, today I must buy my fish

Post Thanks / Like

Baby Shad are by far my best producers in clear lakes. Usually, I cast and sloooowwwwly retrieve them. I use symetry 1500 reels and like one revolution to be completed in an 8-count (thousand-one, thousand-two...) I have tried many different jigheads and I like the Gamakatsu round 211 the best for these plastics. I use 1/32, and 1/16 most of the time.

Electric chicken and Chartreuse silver are the best for me, with EC being the best.

Post Thanks / Like

It's all I have been using the last several months. Both slab slay'rs and baby shad have been producing. Electric chicken, blue ice, vegas and hot pink.
    We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing."

Post Thanks / Like

Hmnn, never had much luck with them must be me, can one of you's post a pict of how u got it hooked-rig? Thanks
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast