Thread: cool jig videos

Post Thanks / Like

Default cool jig videos

Bucktail Jig being worked underwater.
    YouTube - Fishing Lure Tips - Bucktail Jig

Winter creek fishing
    YouTube - Winter Creek Fishing for Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

I was crappie fishing the other day with an avid bass fisherman. We ended up catching 9 real nice bass on one spot with hair jigs. They were amazed and exclaimed how many tournaments they would have won with just those fish. Don't let the secret out but if the bass pro would just get back to old basics of doodlesocking they'd be really surprised at the results.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl Morris View Post
    I was crappie fishing the other day with an avid bass fisherman. We ended up catching 9 real nice bass on one spot with hair jigs. They were amazed and exclaimed how many tournaments they would have won with just those fish. Don't let the secret out but if the bass pro would just get back to old basics of doodlesocking they'd be really surprised at the results.
    I had a day like this once. It was a cold Sunday afternoon in December. I was fishing a small pond with a very healthy bass/bluegill/catfish population. Since I didn't have much time to fish -- maybe an hour and a half at most -- I picked a little 4.5' ultra light rod, a reel loaded with 2# test line, and a 1/32 oz chenille crappie jig (chartreuse with a red head.) I figured that would produce some gills and maybe a small bass or two.

First cast -- three pound bass! Next cast -- a nice bluegill. A couple of casts later -- another nice bluegill. Next cast -- a one pound bass. So far, so good!

I made another cast into slightly deeper water. I reeled a few feet, and my jig just stopped dead. I flicked my wrist to set the hook, and something BIG started moving off. It felt like a catfish, but didn't really fight like one. Putting on as much pressure as I dared with the 2# line, I fought the fish for a couple of minutes and finally brought it to hand -- a seven pound largemouth! So, in about half an hour, I landed ten pounds of bass on the lightest outfit I owned.

Makes me wonder why I don't fish this rig all the time. Maybe I'll make that a New Year's resolution!