Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Seven Duck Hunters Busted , 129 ducks...

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Seven Duck Hunters Busted , 129 ducks...

Well, TWRA (TN Wildlife folks) caught 'em, but the judge let them off pretty light.

This is also happening with our fish too. It just not enough TWRA guys to catch all the bad guys.

Way to go TWRA.

The Memphis Edge

scroll down on news page for article

I drove to lake to check my house out. Drove down to pump house. TWRA was there in the parking lot, waiting on the duck hunters to come off the lake.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

There is a reason for putting a limit on wild game! I wish they would set an example with a few, and then maybe others would take notice.
    Take your kids hunting and fishing, and you won't be hunting your kids

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like they got of kinda light too me. Could'a served time for that kind of blatant disregard of the law.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by klight1122 View Post
    There is a reason for putting a limit on wild game! I wish they would set an example with a few, and then maybe others would take notice.
    I agree! That really grinds my gears! They did get off easy. IMHO.
    "To catch fish, you gotta be on the fish!"

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

For common working folks that's a pretty good fine. For the wealthy that would only be a drop in the bucket. I honestly believe it would deter alot of the poaching we have across our country if fines were set and posted in each state's rules and regs booklet so when someone gets caught they'll already know exactly how much trouble they've gotten themselves into. Too many times have I heard where "the good old boys" get away with just a slap on the wrist. Everybody should be treated the same. Personally, I'm glad to see 'em loosing their hunting privledges. Chalk this one up for the DNR!
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole View Post
    Well, TWRA (TN Wildlife folks) caught 'em, but the judge let them off pretty light.

This is also happening with our fish too. It just not enough TWRA guys to catch all the bad guys.

Way to go TWRA.

The Memphis Edge

scroll down on news page for article

I drove to lake to check my house out. Drove down to pump house. TWRA was there in the parking lot, waiting on the duck hunters to come off the lake.
    Shame they didn't take it to a Federal Court as they can with Ducks for sure! They did get of easy, too easy and that is a shame.

Not only taking to many, but also taking them over a baited spot? That kind of stuff really gets under my skin fast.

I started Duck hunting when I was only 5 years old. My dad had to carry me in the marsh to the blind from the boat. I got 3 my first day even all sitting on the water. My dad looked at me and said, that is the last ducks you will ever shoot on the water and from then on is was shooting them on the wing (or flying for anyone not familiar with that term).

Took my sons hunting then they were young too and it's a great sport for dad's and son's, the kids never forget that stuff.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a pretty easy sentence I know a guy who lost his priv. for a year just for 2 doves oer the limit.

Post Thanks / Like

They lost their liscense for four years, but sounds like they got four years worth of ducks in one day. Should have been worse. At least they got caught.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

That's disgusting!!!!!!! I hope besides the fine they had their guns and cars confiscated too!!!!!! You would in Vermont!! Some just spoil everything and wonder why rules get stricter and stricter.

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

Well from what i heard on this those guys got pretty bold about the hunt and they posted it on youtube for all the world to see. As if killing that many ducks was not already stupid enough, to be bold enough to post it on youtube is a whole different kinda stupid. As a fellow duck hunter myself it is a shame that people have to resort to this kinda bragging. I guess it is a sign of the way technology(video cameras, camera phones)and self promotion has come that would make those guys do what they did. Don't get me wrong. I enjoy taking pictures of my crappie and my ducks and posting them for people to see, but mine is not for bragging or self promotion. I post mine for people to enjoy b/c they were done in a lawful way. I do have to agree with someone else who posted a reply. Those guys are very lucky that the federal game wardens didnt get in on this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast