Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cell phone & fishing

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default cell phone & fishing

I was just watching one of the Midwest Crappie shows on myoutdoortv.com and the 'tip of the week' was about keeping your cell phone secured so as to not fall out of your pocket into the water......what happens if YOU fall into the water (especially in the winter) .....a cell phone secured in your pocket is dunked same as you!!

Something I do while fishing out of the boat is to take my cell phone out of my pocket and put it on the floor of the boat out of the way.

If you fall out of the boat and are lucky enough to actually get back in the boat....that DRY cell phone might save your life............
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

I put mine in a zip-lock bag with a little air in it just in case (it should float). If you do get one wet, try taking the battery out wipe it as dry as you can and put it in a bag with rice over night. It sounds hoaky but the rice absorbs the moisture and can save it many times.
    Otherwise cell phones annoy me while I am fishing, the wife's ring tone and I know if I answer it is: "Are you done fishing yet? when are you coming home?"
    http://www.facebook.com/quinn.noldner

Post Thanks / Like

I have lost 2 pagers while squirrel hunting. Phones have been dropped in the potty by the kids. Thrown from the boat once (me and phone:D). Another time the boat floated off the sand bar and I wadded in with the phone and wallet in my pocket to retrieve the boat, current was fast and no time to empty pockets. I lost one while throwing a cast net, got to see it sink slowly. And have killed about a half dozen blue tooth ear pieces (including 2 jawbones) in the rain. As far as I am concerned, they are all disposable.:D:D

Post Thanks / Like

Rule #5 in GRIZZ's fisherman's code. Leave your cellphone in the car. Whatever it is can wait till your done. I realize there are people that need their phones like the guides and such, but in my book fishing is the pursuit of tranquility as much as fish and phones disturb that endeavor.
    Last edited by GRIZZ; 12-20-2008 at 01:17 PM.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GRIZZ View Post
    Rule #5 in GRIZZ's fisherman's code. Leave your cellphone in the car. Whatever it is can wait till your done. I realize there are people that need their phones like the guides and such, but in my book fishing is the pursuit of tranquility as much as fish and phones disturb that endeavor.
    I'm gonna hafta disagree on this one. If it's annoying, cut it off. But if you're on a 36,000 acre lake, a long way from the boat ramp, it's gettin dark, and there's an Uh-Oh (motor won't crank)......or family emergency........or a real popular one; call the wife or someone to come get your truck/trailer and take it to a ramp you can load on, because the one you launched at now has 4' swells riding up on it, and a sunk boat is due to happen, at least here on this lake...........Several reasons to have that handy little booger.....yeah, mine's gonna be with me, but like it was said, it lays on the deck out of the way.
    If I Ain't Crappie Fishin', I'm Thinkin' About It............

Post Thanks / Like

Yah, me too LJ - I have been known on occasion to put it on "mute",
    but I keep it in the boat.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luvjign View Post
    I'm gonna hafta disagree on this one. If it's annoying, cut it off. But if you're on a 36,000 acre lake, a long way from the boat ramp, it's gettin dark, and there's an Uh-Oh (motor won't crank)......or family emergency........or a real popular one; call the wife or someone to come get your truck/trailer and take it to a ramp you can load on, because the one you launched at now has 4' swells riding up on it, and a sunk boat is due to happen, at least here on this lake...........Several reasons to have that handy little booger.....yeah, mine's gonna be with me, but like it was said, it lays on the deck out of the way.

me too! at wally in the camping section they sell a water proof box that is big enough to hold your camers and phone
    Stinkies Daddy

Post Thanks / Like

I always take mine on the boat in case of emergencies,but I turn off the ringer and just check once in a while to see if there were any calls.

Post Thanks / Like

I set mine on the console when fishing.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

I broke my leg while coon hunting alone one night and was lucky I had my cell phone with me. I now always have a cell phone in a water proof bag when hunting or fishing. I don't ever answer it but I can certainly call out when I need to. I have the local police, fire department, and ambulance on speed dial. Heck, I called the sherrif last night on my cell phone when some dummy missed the curve in front of my house. I don't leave the house with out it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast