Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Melvern Dock

Post Thanks / Like

Default Melvern Dock

Any Reports At The Dock. May Head There Sunday.
    Thanks!
    "Common Sense Aint Common"

Post Thanks / Like

I went there today and it sucked. I caught 6 fish in 4 hours and only 1 was a keeper...I was one of the few fishing with jigs....Others fishing with ice jigs tipped with minners were catching fish, but no one inside had more than 3 keepers when I left at 12. There was about 25 people inside there. Another 30 were outside. I did hear of one guy having 14 by the time I left but with that strong wind and dropping temps there was no way I was going out there.

Post Thanks / Like

thats a great dock. remember when you could stay the night and pay on the honor system? I can still smell the osage orange burning in the barrel. How many miles did you have to drive to get there?

Post Thanks / Like

Chad i've never caught them on anything but 1/12 kastmaster spoons down there. I'll bet the guy who caught 14 was that vietnamese fella. I'm telling you that guy can flat catch fish. The fishing outside is usually best when it is COLD. Tomorrow maybe? Can't speak for inside as I usually can't stand the smoke. Anyway good luck and warm extremities to all who venture out tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

I have not fished the heated dock since high school(87).Thinking about headin down some day this week.It was always hit or miss.Waiting for a warm spell to fish w/Chatt.Trip was cancelled friday.Wyper,I have some of those kastmaster spoons, you say they work well on crappie!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I fished with a spoon a little too. . Not much luck there either...Minners were key for those catching fish, but not many keepers. I have had good luck there in the past. Weekends there are just tough. I have Monday and Tuesday off with nothing to do so I am gonna hit the docks again...Hillsdale one day and probably Melvern again. I did hear from some guys down there that Perry has a new heated dock. Anyone know anything about this one?

Post Thanks / Like

Well it wasn't a bust but not a hot bite either. Caught around a dozen with only one keeper. Saw about 10 keeps caught the whole time I was there. Just takes a little patience I guess. Most were caught on ruby red minnows. But one guy caught all his on a jig. You could really tell when the school would come through, everyone would catch a couple for about 5 min. then it would slow back down. I tried a little bit of everything, even minnows. 2 minutes after I put the minnow in I caught an 11 incher. Mostly dinks though but still fun. When I first got there it was 30 degrees in the dock. When I left at noon it was 65! Nice way to spend a frigid day.
    "Common Sense Aint Common"