Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Beautiful Day In Arkansas

Post Thanks / Like

Default A Beautiful Day In Arkansas

It got into the upper 60s on Lake Greeson today and stayed calm most of the day in spite of the Weather Guesser's prediction of high winds that prompted the issuance of a Lake Wind Advisory. On top of that the crappie were biting off and on all day and we ended up with a pretty good mess:

The two biggest were 15.5-inches and 16.5-inches long and the bigger one weighed two and a half pounds:

It looks like it's going to start acting like winter again though by tomorrow night.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

WTG, great catch!
    The heavens declare the glory of God and the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Psalm 19:1

Post Thanks / Like

HEY Jerry looks like ya'll did real well today. Hopefully once all the holiday stuff is over I'm going to try and sneak down that way cause all these catches you and Darryl are posting on ya'lls websites has got me itching something fierce.
    MT.DEW AND JP8 IN THE MORNING GETS THE BLOOD FLOWING.

Post Thanks / Like

Those are some nice fatties! I love it that those couple are bigger than the bass in the photo!

Lake looks like glass behind ya... Lake Wind Advisory? Guess they were way off!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice !!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow Jerry, those fish are spectacular. I am this close II to coming down to Ark for the rest of the winter if I could find a cheap place to rent that has good internet access, so I can work. Those Cane Creek pics and yours are makin me nuts. How far are you from there anyways?

I have a bunch of internet friends in your state I wouldn't mind visiting and I have never been to your state. I'm kind of a winter vagabond. I like to find areas I have never been to and go there for a few months and see if the place suits me. Its an ongoing search for a southern base for me to get away in the winter from the wintery north, but ya never know. If I find a spot that keeps me from wanting to go back north in the spring I may just drop some roots. I have the itch bad this year.

I also have a feeling I could spend a few months discovering the Quachita NF and lake. I once qualified for the classic they had at Quachita umpteen years ago but couldn't go because my partner thought a recital his daughter had was more important than the tourny and back then you couldn't go with out your partner you qualified with. I have always regretted not making those finals. I never hear about you guys fishing that lake. Is it a good crappie lake?
    Last edited by GRIZZ; 12-20-2008 at 12:36 AM.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow Jerry, those fish are spectacular. I am this close II to coming down to Ark for the rest of the winter if I could find a cheap place to rent that has good internet access, so I can work. Those Cane Creek pics and yours are makin me nuts. How far are you from there anyways?

I have a bunch of internet friends in your state I wouldn't mind visiting and I have never been to your state. I'm kind of a winter vagabond. I like to find areas I have never been to and go there for a few months and see if the place suits me. Its an ongoing search for a southern base for me to get away in the winter from the wintery north, but ya never know. If I find a spot that keeps me from wanting to go back north in the spring I may just drop some roots. I have the itch bad this year.

I also have a feeling I could spend a few months discovering the Quachita NF and lake. I once qualified for the classic they had at Quachita umpteen years ago but couldn't go because my partner thought a recital his daughter had was more important than the tourny and back then you couldn't go with out your partner you qualified with. I have always regretted not making those finals. I never hear about you guys fishing that lake. Is it a good crappie lake?
    Hey GRIZZ:

Come on down! Our winter weather isn't too bad (compared to yours) and there are plenty of Yankees that visit Arkansas and then end up moving here (like me).

Cane Creek is about two and half hours east of Greeson - other side of the state. Lake Ouachita is only about 30-minutes from Greeson. It's a good crappie lake but a lot of it is real clear and Eurasian Millfoil is pretty thick in some areas so it's a lot different to fish than Greeson. The Ouachita National Forest is beautiful and you could spend years exploring it and never see it all. There are plenty of other lakes around too and none of them freeze over in the winter!
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

That is a dandy mess of fish, and those big ones are very nice those are the ones that make you keep wantin to go back. Nice Job

Post Thanks / Like

wow, great fish.

Post Thanks / Like

You're the bomb Jerry! Crappie Bomb, always bust'n the heck out of those slabs.
    "To catch fish, you gotta be on the fish!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast