Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Juan's first day of fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Juan's first day of fishing

This is my neighbor's son. He's Juan Arias and is 14 years old. His dad doesn't care for fishing and consequently Juan has never wet a line. This morning I was able to take him with me. His first fish was the 13" crappie and he followed it with the striper in his other hand a few minutes later. Within the next hour or so he added 3 small bass and a bluegill. Once he got the hang of it he did all right.

When we got back, the first thing he asked was when he could go again. Looks like I've ruined another kid.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, another kid ruined for life. That smile says it all. You gotta love it.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Hey FnB ...

Nice going bro !! He's, no doubt, "RUINT" now!! :D
    Next thing you know - that "bling bling" around his neck will be replaced with one with a "fish" on it ... and the hat & T-shirt will say CRAPPIE.COM ...... !!

Tell Juan we are all proud of him .... and luck2ya both .......cp

Post Thanks / Like

He's doomed. Boat payments, hanging out at BPS with unsavory characters, spending his lunch money and every penny he can get his hands on on tackle and gear. Not to mention hanging out to all hours of the night at the lake and coming home with real fishy stories. Man I wish I could do it all over again. Way to go Fishingbuddy! Bet his dad ends up fishing too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fishnbuddy
    This is my neighbor's son. He's Juan Arias and is 14 years old. His dad doesn't care for fishing and consequently Juan has never wet a line. This morning I was able to take him with me. His first fish was the 13" crappie and he followed it with the striper in his other hand a few minutes later. Within the next hour or so he added 3 small bass and a bluegill. Once he got the hang of it he did all right.

When we got back, the first thing he asked was when he could go again. Looks like I've ruined another kid.

Fishinbuddy......you may have shown him a better road to take, he needs a mentor to spend time with, someone to take him fishing, teach him to look at what options he has and above all, how to catch crappie. :D

Post Thanks / Like

YEP- Fishnbuddy I think you got him hooked, It's good to get a kid that otherwise for some reason or another would'nt be able to do things we fishermen know is one of the best thrills of a life time, And turn him on to it. You never no what you've created.

Your a good man fishnbuddy. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Default Packer hat ??

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieLips
    YEP- Fishnbuddy I think you got him hooked, It's good to get a kid that otherwise for some reason or another would'nt be able to do things we fishermen know is one of the best thrills of a life time, And turn him on to it. You never no what you've created.

Your a good man fishnbuddy. lol

Nice hat the kid's wearing.
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

Way to go!!!

I am happy for you!!!

You did a great job!!
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Good to see a kid hooked on fishing not drugs!!! Way to go!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Good job!!
    Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
    Ronald Reagan -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast