Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Slaughter on Lake Decade

Post Thanks / Like

Default Slaughter on Lake Decade

Man, I have seen some no-brainer fishing spots, but Lake Decade - right now - takes the cake.
    Having never been there before, and with my buddy just gaining some competance in fishing saltwater - and with the fog so thick we couldn't have gone to a particular spot if we knew where one was - we still killed 'em! Everywhere we went we caught fish, and we tried to avoid the other boats. Kept 44 from 13 to 18 inches and released probably 100 others, popping advocado plastics set about three feet beneath the cork. Only one fish struck tight-lining, and none on flies. I'm beat to the bone, and I've gotta go back and do it again tomorrow.
    Isn't that a shame!
    Thanks to all who contributed data for the trip, though it turned out to be mainly for moral support. I'll be in a 20-foot Scout with a big white-haired guy tomorrow starting around noon. Holler if you see us - but don't pass too close! My podnuh is an emergency room doctor in Morgan City, and you'll need to keep him on your good side, just in case!
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Default good to hear

Good to hear you had a good day. on a calm day like you had the fish are everywhere. In years past majority of the fish were on the south side but this year they are everywhere in the lake. I got friends who fish 4-5 days a week (that impressive since I only get 3 days a week and only 2 this week due to a christmas play ) and they have caught limits on every trip since hurricane Ike (not most but all) Not sure where the bad rep[orts came from but anyone who can any fishong ability can catch them every day in there . Some people try one spot or two dont catch them and think they are not biting but if you move around a bit you can find them every day. Theres a million fish in there Its very hard for them to hide from you

Post Thanks / Like

Man sounds like you had a great trip Pete! :D Thanks for the report, I bet PawPawGene is really itching to get out there now. :D lol
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Pete, I figured as soon as the winds died down things would be up again. The fish are there no matter what the winds are doing but it sure is nicer to fish somewhat flat water and not fight the winds. You can always fish the protected side of the lake but if you fish a small boat sometimes its not worth the fight. Decade can get almost to rough to travel sometimes. Hope you do as well today and don't make it your last trip here.

Dwayne, yeah your right, but if I go this weekend it will probably be fresh water unless Linda decides to go with me on her first trip since her surgery. She likes to spec fish. Well lets just say she likes to fish. It will be her choice.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

You know, Paw Paw Gene, that got me thinking. Lake Decade and Lake Boudreaux are fairly similar as far as depth and being "inside". Do the specks stack up in Lake Boudreaux every winter, too?
    And take Linda to Decade before the weather gets rough. She'll have a blast!
    Thanks again.
    Pete

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Pete Lake Boudreaux has some great fishing at times. I have some friends that fish is regularly. Not having any personal experiences myself its hard to comment but from the stories I hear there are fish there but maybe not a good as in Decade. There are some canals on the north end of the lake that produce some nice fish but I've never heard of the numbers as in Decade. I have a neighbor who fishes around there for red with a fly rod who does well. He has a few trophies from fishing that area.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!