Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How did you find it?

Post Thanks / Like

Default How did you find it?

How did you come across your most secret fishing hot spot, that you tell nobody about?
    I found mine totally by accident. I was drifting, while eating lunch and accidently dropped my jig to the lake botton. As I was drifting along it became snagged about 50-ft from shore. I trolled to get my jig and discovered a underwater crappie magnet.

Post Thanks / Like

I built it and placed there!
    The only way to have a good fishing spot is to make it yourself!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ohio

Ohio doesn't allow placing anything in thier waters...but wish I could.

Post Thanks / Like

I try to follow a guy in a big white boat. He can always catch fish. I always pull into his spots after he leaves to catch the left overs. It is hard to follow him though. His boat will outrun mine.
    DP
    PS
    I don't let anybody catch me watching him.:D
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

There is no substitute for good electronics. The Hb SI is worth its weight in gold.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still looking for mine! :D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nightprowler64 View Post
    Ohio doesn't allow placing anything in thier waters...but wish I could.
    From Ohio too and thinking of just carryin around cement blocks and if I see a tree laying by the water....... down it goes. Also thinking of making some small structure, not as noticeable, to drop. Might have to make a few trips.

As far as finding on your own, I am betting 95% of people find them by pure (or dumb) luck.

Where do you fish Nightprowler? I'm in north central Ohio.

Post Thanks / Like

They only way I can see my hot spot anymore is by closing my eye's and doing alittle day dreaming,down to every little detail.The road going to the oxbow is now posted,out of respect to all fisherman I didn't want on a special list to fish it,I know the owner.

Anyway I was just fishing down the bank and decided to change jig colors,throw it over to this one spot and BAM hard hit.Every time my jig landed it that spot it was BAM, slabs too. The very next day I pull up to this spot throw my jig and nothing,tried and tried nothing.Fished on down the lake for awhile then I thought of something,went back to the spot with the same jig color as the day before and it was BAM..BAm..Bam.Found out that day that some honey holes will only hit one jig color and no other will do.I can fish the rest of the oxbow with that color and not do good at all but do with a different color.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 12-18-2008 at 09:08 AM.

chaunc is online now 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Turtlebait View Post
    They only way I can see my hot spot anymore is by closing my eye's and doing alittle day dreaming,down to every little detail.The road going to the oxbow is now posted,out of respect to all fisherman I didn't want on a special list to fish it,I know the owner.

Anyway I was just fishing down the bank and decided to change jig colors,throw it over to this one spot and DAM hard hit.Every time my jig landed it that spot it was DAM,slads to.The every next day I pull up to this spot throw my jig and nothing,tried and tried nothing.Fished on down the lake for awhile then I thought of something,went back to the spot with the same jig color as the day before and it was BAM..BAm..Bam.Found out that day that some honey holes will only hit one jig color and no other will do.I can fish the rest of the oxbow with that color and not do good at all but do with a different color.
    Same thing for me here in PA. Diffrent colors work best in diffrent areas of the lake. Thats due mostly to water clarity, i've found.
    I found most of my spots while trolling, casting and watching my locator at the same time. Get a snag, troll back and check it out. This method works on every lake i've ever fished. Found brush in 28ft water at Ky lake, a couple years ago, and it produced this 3lb 2oz slab.
    http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...IMG_0772-1.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the edit Crappiepappy,guess that letter change was on my mind lol b/c I cann't fish my honey hole repectfully.However sometimes I get my ei or ie,D's and B's in the wrong place,thanks.

That hole it didn't make no differents in water color,it had to be a shirted pink/white on a black 1/32 jig head.The paddle tails,curly tails,ect. the same color would not work,didn't even need a crappie nib'it.Also it wasn't nomore then 2 foot off the bank,with one little stick sticking up maybe 6 0r 8 in. about the size of a pencil.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast