Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Grenada Lake, Ms Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Grenada Lake, Ms Crappie

If anyone is interested in a fishing trip swap on Grenada Lake, Mississippi for big crappie? I would like to swap it for a trip for walleye on a good walleye lake.
    On Grenada lake we would be fishing in my boat, using my tackle. All you have to furnish is your cabin and food.
    In return I would like the same deal, To fish a big walleye lake and for you to know the lake.
    I'm not looking for trophy walleye, Just some [a lot if possible] to put in the freezer.
    I know Grenada Lake very well, I use to live there and commercial fish it, And have caught crappie up to 3 3/4 pounds on jig poles.
    I have a 3 crappie mounted together 2 are 3 1/2 and 1 is 3 3/4 pound.
    If anyone is interested shoot me a pm and I'll get back to you.
    Someone just told me that most of the northern lakes has a 3 or 4 fish limit is that true?

crappie cowboy
    Last edited by crappie cowboy; 12-14-2008 at 11:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Crappie Cowboy,
    Most of your lakes in Minnesota and Wisconsin have alot of 3 and 4 fish limits.The great lakes and the Mississippi river have more liberal limits as well as South Dakota and Iowa. There you can usually have 5 fish.What state are you looking to fish in ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Grenada lake

Hey Prchjerker, I don't think I want to drive that far for that small amount of fish. I didn't know the small limits when I posted.
    I was thinking I could catch quite a few to put in my freezer. Thanks for the info.
    crappie cowboy

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tn. Walleye

hey you know tennessee has some good walleye fishing and some big one if you know were to fish. The limit is five a day also but five 7-10 lb make a lot of meat.
    Diehard
    Ranger 519 VX 200 HO

Post Thanks / Like

Don't bother, if you want lots of walleye take a trip to Sandusky, Ohio and fish Lake Erie. Because of the spearing and restrictions in WI., if I want to fill a cooler I go to Erie.
    If you want to bring your boat to WI and want some info on good walleye spots contact me. If you want Erie info do the same.

Post Thanks / Like

I fish Lake Erie every 4th of July on the Canadian side. We fish for small mouth bass off Pelee Island. We catch a ton of smallmouths pretty much all day long. Then we pull out into a little deeper water and catch a nice catch of walleyes for dinner. They are pretty easy to find, we just look for all the charter boats and get in line with their drifts. We clean what we catch and fry them up for dinner every night while releasing all the smallies. I am in KY and it takes me about six hours to drive to Leamington where we catch a ferry that takes my truck, boat and me to the island. If you can't catch smallies and walleyes all day you just had bad weather or need to stick to crappie because when they are on it is unbelievable. I have had days before a front pushes through where we literally were pulling in fish on every cast with any lure you could throw. I picked up a map of the western basin at Walmart in Leamington. The Canadians do have real strick limits also but if you fry them up you can keep catching them.
    "You should have been here yesterday!!!

Jigboy

Post Thanks / Like

Dont know about walleye, but if you are interested in big redfish or speckle trout or maybe even a trip offshore for big redsnapper...let me know..have always wanted a 3lb crappie..i release all my big fish..if i do get to fish Grenada..i would certainly do the same..

Post Thanks / Like

need to post in ohio board or michigan...hope this helps alittle