PDA

View Full Version : Caught good fishes this weekend....report

Cane Pole
06-05-2005, 07:49 PM
Caught some good fish (Sat June 5). Caught lots of dinks in the brush (10 to 15 feet depth). Grandson had a blast. After he got burnt out, I dropped him off and headed for deeper water. Found fish suspended 10 to 20 feet along the drop offs following the Big Sandy channel south from Mansard Island. Lots of suspended fish but not a lot of takers. Most fish were caught using chartruse and white jigs. The bite was soft, so I missed a lot of fish. Hey, me clock is winding down. Wouldn't missed them 20 years ago. lol....AND, I was titlining, naturally. Sunday, winds from south had lake capping. Honey and I went cruising. Love this Merc 4 stroker.

http://www.tomsstuff.net/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/june1.jpg

http://www.tomsstuff.net/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/june2.jpg

Barnacle Bill
06-05-2005, 07:55 PM
I gotta move closer to a lake. Nice catch Tom.

whizkids
06-05-2005, 08:41 PM
Oh well now that I see the results I am going to have to decipher that map you posted. Good catch Tom.:eek:

Fishnbuddy
06-05-2005, 08:51 PM
Way to go, Cane Pole. I'm headed out in the a.m. with my neighbor's boy. Hope I do as well.

Shellback
06-06-2005, 05:01 AM
Caught some good fish (Sat June 5). Caught lots of dinks in the brush (10 to 15 feet depth). Grandson had a blast. After he got burnt out, I dropped him off and headed for deeper water. Found fish suspended 10 to 20 feet along the drop offs following the Big Sandy channel south from Mansard Island. Lots of suspended fish but not a lot of takers. Most fish were caught using chartruse and white jigs. The bite was soft, so I missed a lot of fish. Hey, me clock is winding down. Wouldn't missed them 20 years ago. lol....AND, I was titlining, naturally. Sunday, winds from south had lake capping. Honey and I went cruising. Love this Merc 4 stroker.

http://www.tomsstuff.net/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/june1.jpg

http://www.tomsstuff.net/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/june2.jpg Canepole, I swear my boating and fishing pleasure increased by 200 or 300% when I switched to a four stroke! Nice catch by the way!

GABoy
06-06-2005, 06:09 AM

EXCELLENT JOB CanePole!

Good catch!

Bruce Carp
06-06-2005, 08:08 AM
Did similiar depth and results in Missouri, Lake of the Ozarks on Saturday, except we used a yellow, white and black jig tipped with a minnow. Good photos!

Stingrayg4
06-06-2005, 09:35 AM
Wow, nice pile of fish!

-S

1weezer
06-06-2005, 10:07 AM
Way to go Cane Pole!!!!

Billbob
06-07-2005, 02:02 PM
i need to get down there and follow you are maybe i will ask moose where to go!!!!

putor 2001
06-07-2005, 06:22 PM
I got-a move to Tenn.......... Can't tell the exact size from the pics...... Nothin to guage them by, but....... a lot better than we do up in Wisconsin !!!!!!!!!!!!

Cane Pole
06-07-2005, 08:46 PM
I got-a move to Tenn.......... Can't tell the exact size from the pics...... Nothin to guage them by, but....... a lot better than we do up in Wisconsin !!!!!!!!!!!!

When the fish get that big dent lump in their head, they big. Kinda like a dolphin head. These fish were 12 to 15 inches.. Next posted pics (if I get lucky and catch some more), I will put in a ruler...

Wisconsin is a beautiful state. Only thing I don't like about it is that is where my boss is from. Wish "you all" would reclaim her...lol

wannalearn
06-08-2005, 10:00 AM
Cane pole, your avatar looks like our flag. :D

VietVet68
06-08-2005, 12:25 PM
Cane pole, your avatar looks like our flag. :D Are you Vietnamese, Wanna?

whizkids
06-08-2005, 01:08 PM
[QUOTE=Cane Pole]When the fish get that big dent lump in their head, they big. Kinda like a dolphin head. These fish were 12 to 15 inches.. Next posted pics (if I get lucky and catch some more), I will put in a ruler...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- You realise said ruler would need carry the National Institute of Standards and Technology Certification. Having heard of your creative genuis I have included a link to the
Specifications, Tolerances, and Other Technical Requirements
for Weighing and Measuring Devices

http://ts.nist.gov/ts/htdocs/230/235/h44-05.htm

Should you decide to manufacture a robotic ruler.:D :)

wannalearn
06-08-2005, 02:40 PM
Are you Vietnamese, Wanna?
You guess right, I'm Viet. :D

VietVet68
06-08-2005, 03:07 PM
You guess right, I'm Viet. :D That's slick Wanna, I lived among you folks for 13 months, CAC,CAP, CAP=Combined Action Program----CAC=Combined Action Company. Sorry our Government bailed out......I dearly loved the kids and the South Viets that truley wanted FREEDOM, DEMOCRACY, and were willing to die for it. It broke my heart....

wannalearn
06-08-2005, 03:24 PM
That's slick Wanna, I lived among you folks for 13 months, CAC,CAP, CAP=Combined Action Program----CAC=Combined Action Company. Sorry our Government bailed out......I dearly loved the kids and the South Viets that truley wanted FREEDOM, DEMOCRACY, and were willing to die for it. It broke my heart....
That's cool, I was borned after the war has ended.
When you said CAC, for a second I thought you were cussing... LOL...
Looking at your Screenname, I'd guessed that you were there. I was originally from SocTrang Province further south of Saigon.

VietVet68
06-08-2005, 03:30 PM
That's cool, I was borned after the war has ended.
When you said CAC, for a second I thought you were cussing... LOL...
Looking at your Screenname, I'd guessed that you were there. I was originally from SocTrang Province further south of Saigon.
LOL....so the others will know, the Marine Corp first named my type unit as "CAC"....."CAC" in Vietnamese means "Penis", as soon as the Marine Corp realized this they renamed it to "CAP". I know....don't have a damn thing to do with Crappie fish'in.....but...

crap-king
06-08-2005, 04:39 PM
CP looks like supper

Cane Pole
06-08-2005, 08:09 PM
LOL....so the others will know, the Marine Corp first named my type unit as "CAC"....."CAC" in Vietnamese means "Penis", as soon as the Marine Corp realized this they renamed it to "CAP". I know....don't have a damn thing to do with Crappie fish'in.....but...

Now this brings back memories.......................