Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pickin' Paw Paw Gene's Brain

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pickin' Paw Paw Gene's Brain

Hey PPG -
    Heard any scoop on Lake Decade these days? It was supposed to be hot over there a week or so ago - a buddy and I are thinking about giving the geese a rest and trying for the "other specks" Tuesday or thereabouts.
    Any helpful information will earn you a glowing report.
    Thanks.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

I crossed the lake on saturday it was very windy and water was muddy. They have been catching a few trout in the lake. Decade is good in cold weather just look for deep holes.
    joshua

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks - appreciate the help.
    Pete

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Pete, I was stuck at home all week end but I'll talk to my buddy who has a camp at the Falgout Canal Marina in the morning and then I'll post an answer.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default good report

There was a good report from that area that I read on rodnreel.com dated yesterday

Post Thanks / Like

Paw Paw -
    Thanks - that will allow me to go slay some specs tomorrow and then get your news so that I can go slay some specks Tuesday. Got that?
    Hope your wife has fully recovered by now - I'll bet she had gotten as tired of being down as you had.:D

And thanks to you, too, BB, though I'd take the stuff that's posted on that cite with a grain of salt. I know too many of 'em to take it at face value!:rolleyes:

Thanks again to you both.
    Pete

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Pete the news wasn't good this weekend. High winds and muddy conditions really hurt the fishing. My friend at the marina couldn't even catch any under the lights. Conditions should be improving but not sure if enough to put the fish back on yet. A southeast wind 5 to 10 forcast which should bring the water back up and settle the mud. Fish should be scattered around the lake as long as the tide isn't falling. If you can catch water moving out of Minors canal or Bayou Decade, fishing in the moving water should produce some fish. When we caught them a few weeks back we fished a scum line moving out of Minors canal into the lake heading towards the west. It was like fishing the riptide. They were busting mullets feeding on the scum. We did better later in the day. The day before the fish were concentrated near the water moving out or Bayou Decade. Liners canal can also concentrate fish when water is moving out of it. I wish I had a better report. If you do go good luck.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

Gotcha, PPG!
    But not knowing where any of those places are, I had to take notes! My buddy ought to know them. We'll probably go Wednesday rather than tomorrow - hunting again tomorrow on the front.
    Only one spec today out of only two that came looking. Lots passing over - not interested. And our host could really toot that horn! Oh well, tomorrow is another day, and we still have six weeks to go.
    Thanks again.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Default LaKE DECADE

nOT SURE ABOUT THE REPORTS OF MUDDY WATER IN THE LAKE .

pART OF THE LAKE MAY BE MUDDY BUT CAUGHT A LIMIT ON SOUTH SIDE OF LAKE ON sUNDAY WATER WAS CLEAR AND EVEN TOO CLEAR IN SOME AREAS THINK THE DIRTY WATER IS JUST ON NORTH SIDE OF LAKE. wIND WAS BRUTAL THAT DAY BUT CAN ALWAYS FISH THAT SIDE ON A SOUTH OR EAST WIND. NO BIG FISH FISH WERE 13-17 INCHES. LOT OF FISH IN THE LAKE THIS YEAR JUST NOT THE BUNCH OF 2025 INCH FISH THAT ARE USUALLY THERE THIS TIME OF YEAR

Post Thanks / Like

What did yall catch.
    joshua

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast