Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Trip to Reelfoot

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Trip to Reelfoot

Well I just thought I would let everyone know our trip to Reelfoot this past weekend was just awsome. We fished Sunday our first day 3 of us caught over 250 crappie, bream, and stripe, then Monday we caught 150+ fish, we fished a short day because of the drive home. We stayed at the Samburg Motel and these folks sure make you feel welcomed. I would like to Thank Tim Bunch of Bunches Guide Service for the info on fishing the area as it sure helped out some out of town folks on there first trip to Reelfoot Lake. I would also like to Thank some of the others folks who sent me messages on where and how and what to fish with. Remember take a kid FISHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Biguns Pro Guide Service 662-424-2551, B'n'M Pro Staff, Engel Coolers Pro Staff, Ego Nets Pro Staff, Cumberland Crappie Pro Staff, Wise Boat Seats Pro Staff, Southern Pro Pro Staff, Pap's Hair Jigs Pro Staff, The Edge Multifunction Trolling Motor Bracket Pro Staff, Enjoy What God has given us and remember take a kid Fishing !

Post Thanks / Like

Question

Oldbigun,
    Glad to hear that you had a great trip! Can you give us some details? Water temp., method, pre or post spawn, structure, casting or spide rigging, bait, and area of lake etc. You were fortunate that the wind didn't blow you of of the lake. I've had some good trips and few bad ones due to the weather at reelfoot

Post Thanks / Like

Well the wind was rough, we used small feather jigs in various colors made by Sain's tip with wax worms, using a floater two to three feet deep, as this was my first trip to the lake I really don't know what it is called other than the southeast side of the lake, we caught more bream than crappie but we did catch plenty of both, the crappie just didn't seem to want minnows. I believe the fish were in pre spawn myself and my fishing partner felt the same way, I really would like to be there this weekend as I feel they will be wide open, but it is much closer for me to go to Greneda so I'm going down there this weekend! Good luck fishing and remember take a kid fishing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Biguns Pro Guide Service 662-424-2551, B'n'M Pro Staff, Engel Coolers Pro Staff, Ego Nets Pro Staff, Cumberland Crappie Pro Staff, Wise Boat Seats Pro Staff, Southern Pro Pro Staff, Pap's Hair Jigs Pro Staff, The Edge Multifunction Trolling Motor Bracket Pro Staff, Enjoy What God has given us and remember take a kid Fishing !