Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fireline on spincast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fireline on spincast

I have heard that Fireline does not work well on closed face reels. Has anyone out there tried it on one ? I don't really care for them but the wife has one. Thanks,Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Default slightly differnt question

Anyone have any recomendations on a good spincast line ? The 2 wally world cheapie reels I have, are giving me fits. Yes i know,, walmart cheapie, get what you pay for. Will be switching reels as soon as funding comes available....

Post Thanks / Like

eimhoff, I was told on annother forum that Fireline cuts the pick ups on all but the closed face reel with titanium pick-ups. From my experiance with the wife's closed face reel, you should make a long cast once in a while with a heavy weight on the line. This gets the tension leveled out on the narrow spool. It's also a good idea to spray some lube in the hole where the line enters occasionally. The cheapest is a silicone spray lube readily available. You should also change the line more often than on other style reels. Trieline XL in the weight of your choice is a good dependable line. Hope this helps a little, Mike

Post Thanks / Like

In my experience fireline does not work well on a spincast reel.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried it on two wal mart cheapies i use and it didn't work well at all, nothing i use on them last long but it was the worst, i finally got me a rhino and i put spiderwire 8 lbs. test ez cast and it did really well
    Gone fishin', be back for deer season :D