Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bummer of a day!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bummer of a day!

Got a call at work from my wife that our freezer was dripping everything out! Luckly the fridge was still working, but the first thing I thought of was how many bags of crappie were in the freezer. Cooked up all that was in there... too much to eat without a trip to the hospital! Ate a steak, chicken breast and waaaaay too much fish.

Only 3 bags of fish left in the freezer downstairs, and that won't last till spring! Hopefully we get either a decent cold snap to make good ice or a warm spell to melt everything off!!

Worst part is the timing! 2 weeks before Christmas and we have to look at dropping $1,000 for a new fridge/freezer. Then I catch crap from my boss about why I should buy local with the economy and all. Guess thats just the way it always works.

If anyone is thinking of a Christmas present for me... a few bags of fish would be nice, but a new fridge would be even better!

Sorry for the rant, everyone take care and Good Fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

[QUOTE=AtticaFish;636828]Got a call at work from my wife that our freezer was dripping everything out! Luckly the fridge was still working, but the first thing I thought of was how many bags of crappie were in the freezer. Cooked up all that was in there... too much to eat without a trip to the hospital! Ate a steak, chicken breast and waaaaay too much fish.

Only 3 bags of fish left in the freezer downstairs, and that won't last till spring! Hopefully we get either a decent cold snap to make good ice or a warm spell to melt everything off!!

Worst part is the timing! 2 weeks before Christmas and we have to look at dropping $1,000 for a new fridge/freezer. Then I catch crap from my boss about why I should buy local with the economy and all. Guess thats just the way it always works.

If anyone is thinking of a Christmas present for me... a few bags of fish would be nice, but a new fridge would be even better!

AtticaFish; your post is wrong!

it should start Dear Santa.

good luck & be safe; Larry
    J.I.L. <*)}}}><

Post Thanks / Like

Well hot dang, are you Santa Mr. Yates??????????

Sorry had no where else to vent. Wife threw away a bunch of stuf before I even got home (even took it out to the outside can!) and I wasn't too happy. She said if we refroze anything at all, we would all get food poisioning. She even threw away chicken nuggets that were pre-cooked, just heat and serve!

We are froze solid here (but not solid enough to drill) and weather channel says 54 degrees on Sunday. Maybe the ice will give way for a couple of days.

You guys have any ice down south?

Post Thanks / Like

Some of the smaller ponds in Cincy have some ice, but the biggers lakes are open water and fishable.

Post Thanks / Like

AtticsFish ... I fished today with starvin fisherman & ricky d. we had a box full of nice crappie most 10"-12" you hook up and come to east fork and we will help you fill that ice box as of-12-14. no ice! water temp 40-45...Good Luck & Be Safe... HO-HO-HO-Santa!
    Last edited by Yates; 12-14-2008 at 05:22 PM.
    J.I.L. <*)}}}><

Post Thanks / Like

The water temp is holding up pretty good. How deep were you catching them?

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about the freezer AF. Seems when it rains it pours.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to here they are still biting for ya. Maybe someday I will head down that way to fish. Would be nice to fish some larger lakes, most of what I fish is reservoirs for little 2 or 3 stoplight towns.

I do have one honey hole lake I go to that is fairly large and really deep that may still have open water, just havn't had the time to get there to see. With the wind today, if there was any ice, it may be sitting in the farm fields now!!
    Wind is coming straight from the south.. you guys trying to send up some warm weather?:rolleyes:

Have fun and go get em!

Post Thanks / Like

went back today with JusFshn, only had 30-35 crappie with some in the 12" range, to windy and very cold..12/15/08 ; no ice water temp 41-44... fish backed off they were in 3-5ft moved to 8-12ft. to windy 30 to 40 mph. temp fall form 47 to 31 in 3 hr...............Hook...JusFshn came to Ga.with a cold front & brings it back to Oh....what the...now that a Foul!!!
    Last edited by Yates; 12-15-2008 at 10:03 PM.
    J.I.L. <*)}}}><

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear you guys are still catching them. It looks like the weather is taking a turn for the worse tonight.