Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2009 smithville lake fee

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2009 smithville lake fee

going up to 120$ for a car/boat pass,daily fee will be car-5$,car/boat-10$,which I think is actually lower.Annual boat for seniors is 90$.

One thing is different,it will be a credit card style pass.As long as the owner of the pass is in the vehicle,it will be good for any vehicle/boat.

Not sure how close they will check it-match to a D.L. or whatever,but it will give a chance to split the cost if 2 or more people trade trips in their boats regularly.

cook will stick with the free ramp:D

Post Thanks / Like

all i can say is B.S. !!
    Supreme Leader of the Missouri Crappie Militia.........

Post Thanks / Like

does Stockton or Truman have similar fees?
    Remember "I" before "E," except in Budweiser

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fees

Can somebody tell me why it cost to access the ramps or to drive into the campgrounds to visit someone thats camping or just to have a picnic when the horse riders, joggers and bike riders get to use the trails for free?

Dont tell me that the boats cause erosion of the banks and such and require placing riprap on the points (like they are doing now). If you take a walk out along the horse trails....you will see some big time erosion.

Im just tired of paying more and getting less. The crappers at the boat ramps smell so bad aint no way a fella can use one in the summer. The boat docks are missing tie off cleats half the time.

Ok...Im done now. Need to get up to the lake to catch some crappie on my soon to be expired $90 lake pass.
    Progressive Marine Insurance SUCKS!. If you hit a submerged object they will try to prove manufacturers defect....stay away from them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KCBALLER View Post
    all i can say is B.S. !!
    I second that! To pay that much for the quality of fish you catch in comparison to say Truman, Stockton, or Lake of the Ozarks is insane. I think Truman has the $5 a day honor system drop box but I've been to a couple of major crappie lakes like Reelfoot in TN and Eufaula in OK and there's plenty of free boat ramps close to good fishing spots. Last year I just purchased the vehicle pass for $25 and I was only checked half of the time for the boat tag. For what its worth I'll just try to keep waking up early to beat them to the ramp. And does anyone know the rule on fishing boat slips if you are standing in your boat? I was at Sailboat Cove last weekend and there was a couple guys who were pulled into a slip and killed them they were there until evening. I went back the next day with a buddy and we were killing them until a park ranger came down and told me we couldn't pull our boat inside an empty sailboat slip that you could tell no one was leasing and said we had to cast into the slips from the outside which wasn't as effective cause the fish were on a vertical bite. He took down our names as if to say if another ranger caught us they would probably be trying to issue a ticket. But what really pi$$ed me off was that he kept coming back to the parking lot and there was another guy fishing inside the slip and he never came down to shew him out of the slip. Sorry for the long post just jumped on my soapbox for a second:D

Post Thanks / Like

Default Slips

Open water...until you run yer boat up into the slip. You aint supposed to tie off neither.....but you see guys do it.

Rangers will write you a ticket.
    Progressive Marine Insurance SUCKS!. If you hit a submerged object they will try to prove manufacturers defect....stay away from them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by STL Crappie Nightmare View Post
    I second that! To pay that much for the quality of fish you catch in comparison to say Truman, Stockton, or Lake of the Ozarks is insane. I think Truman has the $5 a day honor system drop box but I've been to a couple of major crappie lakes like Reelfoot in TN and Eufaula in OK and there's plenty of free boat ramps close to good fishing spots. Last year I just purchased the vehicle pass for $25 and I was only checked half of the time for the boat tag. For what its worth I'll just try to keep waking up early to beat them to the ramp. And does anyone know the rule on fishing boat slips if you are standing in your boat? I was at Sailboat Cove last weekend and there was a couple guys who were pulled into a slip and killed them they were there until evening. I went back the next day with a buddy and we were killing them until a park ranger came down and told me we couldn't pull our boat inside an empty sailboat slip that you could tell no one was leasing and said we had to cast into the slips from the outside which wasn't as effective cause the fish were on a vertical bite. He took down our names as if to say if another ranger caught us they would probably be trying to issue a ticket. But what really pi$$ed me off was that he kept coming back to the parking lot and there was another guy fishing inside the slip and he never came down to shew him out of the slip. Sorry for the long post just jumped on my soapbox for a second:D

THATS WHEN YA BREAK OUT THE SLIP BOBBERS :D :D :D
    Supreme Leader of the Missouri Crappie Militia.........

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KCBALLER View Post
    THATS WHEN YA BREAK OUT THE SLIP BOBBERS :D :D :D
    You know I've done that but they don't seem to like the slip bobber too much inside the slips. No pun intended:D I get the same thing at the Little Platte Marina they don't let you stand on the marina and fish but the little corner where the walkway meets the marina from late Sept. thru late Dec you can kill them vertical jigging there the rangers have kicked me off several times so I tried a slip bobber in that corner and they didn't like it for some reason maybe cause it was a little shallow but I'll give the slip bobber another chance in the deeper water of the slips whenver the weather permits.

Post Thanks / Like

I aint as mad about the new fees tonight....took out my anger on the crappie.....big ole fish were hungry today!:D

Post Thanks / Like

I paid $90 this year for truck AND boat. Next year I'll be a senior...and I have to pay the same for the boat alone? (At least, that what I THOUGHT I paid... senior moment, perhaps?) Can't find '09 fees on the Clay County website.

I'll pay it but it burns me...particularly when the services... like the Little Platte marina are not as good as they used to be.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast