Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crappie Minnows in Aquarium

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Minnows in Aquarium

Just thought I'd share a couple photos of my aquarium. I've currently got a few dozen shiners and a few dozen rosie red's in there.

Before I fed them.

Them feeding.

Sorry about the bad focus. It's difficult to get a good picture with my digital point and shoot camera without glare and it still be focused. Now if I had the digital SLR camera I want it wouldn't be a problem. I'm to lazy to pull out my old SLR and have the film developed.
    J

Post Thanks / Like

you use regular tapwater or what in there? any disinfectant? neat setup, i am workin gon mine as we speak..that would drive me nuts righ tnow watching those minnows swim around and not being able to use them..put a crappie in there and see how long they last!

Post Thanks / Like

I used regular tap water, but I have a well. No disinfectant or anything like that. I've had the aquarium set up with the minnows for just a few weeks. They're really cool to watch swimming around.

I've had a rock bass in my aquarium before. I'd drop a dozen or two big minnows in at a time and he would quickly swallow 4-6 of them. The rest he would eat over the next week or so.
    J

Post Thanks / Like

Here they are just swimming around. They do this quite a bit actually. I'm not sure if they're looking for food or what. I feed them several times a day.

J

TN River: Clifton, Perryville, occasionally northward
    Post Thanks / Like

They look so happy.......like they don't know they're bait.:D
    BSRRofl

Post Thanks / Like

These are survivors! These minnows were just lucky the crappie weren't biting when they were in the minnow bucket.
    J

Post Thanks / Like

Dang,I guess someone forgot to set the parking brake while launching into the aquarium!Nice pic's,drop a mini-condo made from straws in there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quick thinking Cook nice to see someone is awake at the wheel.........:D

Post Thanks / Like

like any fish in a tank. I would only feed them once aday. If the tank is new it has to go through a nitrate cycle. Amonia rises from the fish waste and some may start to die off. Then has the bacteria settles in the tank will sustain life. Its a closed eco system

Post Thanks / Like

I have minners, crawfish, and grass shrimp in mine, you can learn a lot of mannerisms form bait fish just watching them. This of course translates into a jig presentation that is just irresistible:D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast