Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jet Ski rider get a ticket!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jet Ski rider get a ticket!!!

Friday morning my son and I headed out to some main lake points in search for some walleyes. We caught a few and were having a great time, then about 10:30 am here comes a few jet skis. We were the only boat on the main lake in our area fishing and guess where the jet ski riders head? Yep, you guessed it right for us, they ran between us and the bank maybe 4-6 times, laughing the whole time. They were passing within 30 feet of us without question so, we decided we were going to leave the area before something bad happened. ( I tend to have a temper problem in situations like this and I don't like for my son to see that) I started the big motor and then heard sirens, I looked up and the Water Patrol was heading for our boat. I turned off the motor and the Water Patrol officer asked " can you stay here for a minute?" I said yes and off he went after the jet skiers. I did not realize this but Missouri has passed a law on the water saying that you cannot operate your watercraft within 50 feet of another watercraft with the main engine running!! Anyway, long story short, both jet skiers got tickets with fines of 242.00 each and the Water Patrolman made them appoligize to my son and I for being careless. This was the first I had heard of this law, but I am glad it was passed. Between the jet skiers getting tickets and the 4 walleye and 6 -10-12" Crappie we brought home it was a pretty good day!!!

Shaun
    Don't take life so seriously, no one lives through it anyhow!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MoSam
    Friday morning my son and I headed out to some main lake points in search for some walleyes. We caught a few and were having a great time, then about 10:30 am here comes a few jet skis. We were the only boat on the main lake in our area fishing and guess where the jet ski riders head? Yep, you guessed it right for us, they ran between us and the bank maybe 4-6 times, laughing the whole time. They were passing within 30 feet of us without question so, we decided we were going to leave the area before something bad happened. ( I tend to have a temper problem in situations like this and I don't like for my son to see that) I started the big motor and then heard sirens, I looked up and the Water Patrol was heading for our boat. I turned off the motor and the Water Patrol officer asked " can you stay here for a minute?" I said yes and off he went after the jet skiers. I did not realize this but Missouri has passed a law on the water saying that you cannot operate your watercraft within 50 feet of another watercraft with the main engine running!! Anyway, long story short, both jet skiers got tickets with fines of 242.00 each and the Water Patrolman made them appoligize to my son and I for being careless. This was the first I had heard of this law, but I am glad it was passed. Between the jet skiers getting tickets and the 4 walleye and 6 -10-12" Crappie we brought home it was a pretty good day!!!

Shaun
    THAT IS AWESOME!!!

I love to hear a good story like that!
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Put up one for the Fishermen and zero for the jet skiers. LOL
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Too cool.

Post Thanks / Like

That made my day!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Applause for the state of Missouri and the Water Patrol officers. Like to see more states pass laws like this. Sure make it nicer and safer for all.
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That is fantastic!!
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a story with a great ending. Wish Va. would pass a law like that.

Post Thanks / Like

Regards,
    Rowland

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast