Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The "Bubble" bobber-like-thing

TN River: Clifton, Perryville, occasionally northward
    Post Thanks / Like

Question The "Bubble" bobber-like-thing

Have any of you ever used the "bubble"? It's a small, clear, plastic, egg-shaped, "bobber" that you can fill with water (completely or partially). Your line runs through it. A friend of mine swears by them for panfish. Says that you can cast them a mile, they don't spook fish, and you feel even the lightest bite. Just wondered if any of you used them. Apparently they are intended mainly for trout, but work for panfishing also. Not sure what the official name for it is.
    BSRRofl

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Bubble

I'v used these when bank fishing and could not get my lite jig to go far enough. Fill with a little water and you have the weight to get you out where you wanted to go. Had real good luck using these as they come in different sizes for different weight. Our home lake had brush piles too far for me and by using these I could go past the spot and come back over it and could get a strike. Paul

Post Thanks / Like

These may be ok; however, I love using a slip bobber with a bobber stopper. You can set the depth anywhere you want, yet reel the bobber right up to the pole and cast as far as you want by using a slip shot weight just above the hook. But then again, this is why they make chocolate and vanilla ice cream--whatever floats your boat.
    GET THE NET HAROLD, GET THE NET!!

Post Thanks / Like

Use these all the time...excellent for times when a long cast really helps, like Pbcrappie said...just cast them beyond your spot and reel them back over the bruch pile. Get some and try them they are a good deal.
    Duane

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not a fan. If you use the kind with the rubber tubing running through the center, it will damage light line.

I prefer a regular float.

Post Thanks / Like

Talk to whiskerwhipper, he uses them exclusively for panfish.
    Son of Racoon, Friend of whiskerwhipper, FHB to all.

TN River: Clifton, Perryville, occasionally northward
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. I had never heard of them before my friend told me about them. Probably give 'em a try. Where's the best place to find them?
    BSRRofl

Post Thanks / Like

Go to rainbow plastics.com there you will find them! The type with the elastic in the center is called adjusta bubble, also works well! I use the tough bubble for the majority of time time works great. They come in diffent colors also. I set them up just like i was to set up a slip rig. Cabelas also carries them hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

I use them because I'm a "poor to worster than poor" caster.

If you are trying to teach kids to cast, they are the greatest training aid in the fishing world.
    I just wish I could be better at fishing. Or maybe luckier!:D

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen Doug Stange use 'em on Infisherman, but I don't think I've seen one for sale.
    I think I got one...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast