Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lead Poisoning

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lead Poisoning

I've had the habit for way too many years of using my molars to clamp split shot on and off my line. Of course, they are made of lead. Whenever I do something stupid, or can't remember something, I borrow a line from the TV show Boston Legal, but instead of saying I have mad cow disease, I say I have lead poisoning. Does anyone really know how dangerous this practice is? I know I should quit, but when crappie are bitin I'm in a hurry to re-rig and get back down after 'em.:D
    GET THE NET HAROLD, GET THE NET!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Me too

Quote Originally Posted by Gansett View Post
    I've had the habit for way too many years of using my molars to clamp split shot on and off my line. Of course, they are made of lead. Whenever I do something stupid, or can't remember something, I borrow a line from the TV show Boston Legal, but instead of saying I have mad cow disease, I say I have lead poisoning. Does anyone really know how dangerous this practice is? I know I should quit, but when crappie are bitin I'm in a hurry to re-rig and get back down after 'em.:D
    It can't be good for you...but then again the fillings they used to use have mercury in them so we all been toten that stuff around in our mouths. Might want to buy some pliers though:D:D. My dentist/orthodontist would mess his pants if he knew how many lead split shot I have chewed onto my line. Oh well if I gotta die from something let it be related to fishin....brim
    A man is not judged by what he has done for himself but by what he has done for others.

Post Thanks / Like

Used to carry lead pellets in my mouth as a kid hunting chi chi's sitting in the hedge row.. Used my teeth as pliers and snippers too.. Not so much anymore.. Just buy yourself an expensive pair of pliers (they are a joy to use) and they come with a nice sheath that attaches to your belt (always at your side). Old habits are hard to break but, If you buy an nice pair of pliers you'll remember to use them cause you paid a bundle for them....

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard from Texas 1st P.M. Me your address Please so when you die I can use your body part's for some of my new jigs!
    STICK-A-FORK-IN-ME-IM-DUMBER !
    www.CrazyAnglerTackle.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flatfish46 View Post
    Welcome aboard from Texas 1st P.M. Me your address Please so when you die I can use your body part's for some of my new jigs!

LOL, I call dibs on his fishing stuff.

Probably not a good idea, but probably won't kill you either. Then again, it might make you a bit "slower" in the head. Drop by the MS board and I'll introduce you to several of the regulars that have been doing the same thing for years. LOL.

I would think the real danger would be to break a tooth rather than get lead poisoning.

Wannabe..
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

Just jokin about the body parts My lead pot ain't big enough ! Imessed with the stuff all my life My father also he live to be 78 He died from surgey complications had nothin to do with lead I'd be more worried about what they put in TV dinner's or our kid's toy's they import from the land of the rising-sun!!!
    STICK-A-FORK-IN-ME-IM-DUMBER !
    www.CrazyAnglerTackle.com

Post Thanks / Like

I broke a tooth biting line. Broke me of that bad habit.

Post Thanks / Like

Now I been pouring jigs and sinkers for a long time about 24 years. I used to bite the split shot closed too but I'll tell ya what you just try and close the new tin split shot in your teeth NOT A GOOD IDEA!!!!!

When fishing tube baits I'd wet the head of the tube jig by putting it in my mouth to get it wet then slid it into the jig.

Now I'll ask this question, when having blood work done at your docto'rs office tell him you want your lead level checked and you'll find out exactly what it is. Lead occurs naturally so everyone may show somthing.

My level is 0. something I don't have the paper with me but I figure I'm doing pretty well after 24 years of pouring.

Fatman
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 12-10-2008 at 08:51 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Glenn,, ya aint supposed ta use yer teeth ta cut the leader...
    jus kidd'n,,, my Dr. likes ta fish & knows what I do & pour all the time, as of 2 weeks ago,, he said I was alright keep on...
    My bitter 1/2 says,, fishing will make me go blind...
    Kool,, I'll fish til I get contacts....

JAKE
    ~~~~~~~({<(((((((*>
    unOFFICIAL Mayor of BLUFF Landing, OK

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure that's what made my root canal & gold crown go bad. Now I have pliers all over my boat. They're a whole lot cheaper to use.

I'm sure they will take away our lead someday. They're already talkin about it.
    Last time I saw a mouth like that it had a hook in it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast