Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: real old timey gasoline

Post Thanks / Like

Default real old timey gasoline

Is there any place in the USA where one can still buy real gas?
    MY 9.9 suzuki which is only 18 months old just cost me $400. for a new carb. The orgional one was so corroded it was not repairable, the guy drilled out all the ports and holes, soaked it 3 days and still would not work. Put on a new carb and bingo, runs fine. He said all motors are coming in with same problem, white powder clogging up the carb. said it was the 10% alcohol gas that was causing the problem. I use the red stabil and even change my gas at least once a month, pour it into lawn mower and buy new gas and still it eats up my carb. I just went through all this with a Yamaha 25, but it was rebuildable. What options do we have?

Post Thanks / Like

You need a fuel/water seperator filter.
    I had the same problems with my Mercury. You might even need to get a new tank, if it looks all "gunky" inside.
    Do gooder since April 26, 2009!

Post Thanks / Like

i don't know if its still there but somewhere in ohio still sold ita couple years back i seen it on television its an old looking retro type station and one pump still sold it because they do have a demand for it because of classic cars i guess the people in the community have a bunch but i don remember it did cost alot per gallon it was like a few more dollars than the new gas but however they did have it and stock it with the amount of refinery's around i would imagine it was coming from the huge refinery near me in ky called Marathon/Ashland oil

i think the drag races wanted it also there are quite a few drag strips around this tri state area KY/OH/WV
    is that a bite...YEAH FISH DONT HAVE HANDS

Post Thanks / Like

Here in Arkansas, one can find 'non-ethenol fuel. That's all I use in my 90-horse Yamaha. My motor has a fuel-water separator on it. If your motor is older, you need to install one.

aj