Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 02 Highlander pulling an 85' Ranger 350V...

Post Thanks / Like

Default 02 Highlander pulling an 85' Ranger 350V...

Boat is fiberglasss, not sure how much it weighs.
    Will I be alright for a few months until I can afford another truck ?

Post Thanks / Like

What the heck is a Highlander ? What's it's towing weight capacity ? Is the boat trailor equipt with electric brakes ? What size motor ? Torque Range of the tranny ?
    Jim McIntyre
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for asking that question DmDuck. Maybe it is scottish, before you start make sure you can stop and pull it up the boat ramp. My old ProCraft is fiberglass and it is heavy. lol
    Today is a great day

Post Thanks / Like

Is it automatic or straight shift? What type hitch does it have? Lot of variables to factor in.

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

What color is The Highlander and what color is the boat? You have to factor these things in there :D

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

My biggest concern would be if I could stop the beast. I'm sure the Toyota SUV could pull it. V-6 right? Might have an issue stopping the combination though, if not equipped with a towing package. If you don't have a towing package, you might want to look at adding brakes to the trailer.

FP67

Post Thanks / Like

Wannalearn;;;; I pulled my 97 17' progator fiberglass for about a year with my 88 toy. pick up 4 cly 4sp. It was a strain on it, but it did the job, til I got a full chevy. Just don't abuse it, if it's a straight shift. Don't tear out to the lake running 70 miles an hour cause if you have to stop sudden, you aint, Watch on those rainey days, What I'm saying it will get the job done til you get a bigger truck, I've never had a problem pulling out at landinga an I've come up some pretty steep one's

(JUST TAKE IT EASYYYYYYYYYYY.)
    Last edited by CrappieLips; 06-04-2005 at 07:56 AM.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

85' Ranger?? Toyotos are good but I don't think they're good enough to pull an 85 ft long boat. LOL Seriously tho, you shouldn't have any problem. Be sure to lock out the overdrive to save wear and tear on the tranny.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Highlander is an SUV made by Toyota, It's an automatic. Here's some info.
    3.3-liter double overhead cam (DOHC)
    24-valve VVT-i V6
    230 hp @ 5800 rpm
    242 lb.-ft. @ 4400 rpm

I've taken the boat out a few times during the last few weeks. I normally go 55 and rarely go over 60. What I didn't do was turning the OD off (which I'll do next time).
    Oh yeah, FalconSmitty, the car is beigh and the boat is blue. :D

Post Thanks / Like

I've taken the boat out a few times during the last few weeks. I normally go 55 and rarely go over 60. What I didn't do was turning the OD off (which I'll do next time).----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Read the owners manuel related to towing. My manuel says to tow in OD. The key is heat in the transmission as the transmissio will be the first think to give you a problem if the load is too heavy. If you have an external transmission cooler that can help keep it cool as well as synthatic transmission fluid. In addittion the other important think is to be able to stop under control on a wet hiway or in an emergency situation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast