Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hunter :brushpiles in rocky gorge?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hunter :brushpiles in rocky gorge?

I was wondering if you could put brush piles in there while its down? When are they supposed to fill it?

Post Thanks / Like

I believe the Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission (WSSC) do not permit the placement of brushpiles in any of their reservoirs. Give the WSSC office a call at (301) 774-9124. The reservoir is open until 31 Dec so they should still be in the office untill then.
    The repairs on Rocky Gorge which started in 2007 was sopposed to be completed, and the pool raised Spring 08. In fact it was raised for two months and then drained again because the repairs were ineffective. No one can gurantee when it will be raised again but I''ll research it on the web to try and get more intel.
    Let me know if you get the urge to fish some of our waters in Central MD and I'll take you out in my boat. You can reach me best on my cell at (410) 948-4145. Haven't learned a Fall or Winter pattern yet but fairly successfull in the Spring and Summer.
    Good luck if you get out again this Winter and let me know how you did.

Charles Henderson
    Laurel MD
    Crappie Hunter

Post Thanks / Like

I might just do that maybe when I come over that way to visit family.After the holidays things settle down a bit got 2 kids kind of crazy now. I was just wondering about Rocky gorge if I still lived close I would try to get some brush in there, I guess they will restock it. Had a plumbing leak found it tonight some rotted wood may foul up fishing this weekend, hope not.