Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Photo software?

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Photo software?

What is an easy and simple to use software program?
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bill

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    I personally like Kodak Easyshare. Very user friendly. If you will look at my post on the "swap' board, it took me about 3 minutes to retrieve & post those pictures. They were taken with an old 2mp Kodak. I am getting ready to upgrade cameras but haven't decided which one to buy. It will be a Kodak.
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonG
    I personally like Kodak Easyshare. Very user friendly. If you will look at my post on the "swap' board, it took me about 3 minutes to retrieve & post those pictures. They were taken with an old 2mp Kodak. I am getting ready to upgrade cameras but haven't decided which one to buy. It will be a Kodak.

If I might make a recommendation re. cameras. I researched digital cameras for months, and every site that had comparison posts applauded the Kodak CX7330 w/ 3.1 MP's. I went to the Kodak site and they had a similar "consumer" rating for each camera, and the CX7330 was a stand out in each post. Even the pro photographers liked them as a "point and shoot" camera and carried them as a quick shot, but what they liked most was the quality of the photos @ 3.1 MP's and ease of use. I bought one at Circuit City for $150 after a Kodak rebate that included a battery charger, NIMH batteries, and a 125 MB SD card. I've seen other cameras with more MP's that the pic quality didn't even come close to the Kodak. I use it at the mid to low resolution and it's unbelieveable, far better than my Nikon 35 mm. Eight by twelves are flawless. I wouldn't trade it for a 4.0 MP of any brand.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN

There is one called "Paint Shop Pro 8" and a "Pro 9." But I don't think it's too easy as they are also selling books on how to use them. I think it's the same one as VV68 uses, he might know a good one that's easier to use.

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by labill
    If I might make a recommendation re. cameras. I researched digital cameras for months, and every site that had comparison posts applauded the Kodak CX7330 w/ 3.1 MP's. I went to the Kodak site and they had a similar "consumer" rating for each camera, and the CX7330 was a stand out in each post. Even the pro photographers liked them as a "point and shoot" camera and carried them as a quick shot, but what they liked most was the quality of the photos @ 3.1 MP's and ease of use. I bought one at Circuit City for $150 after a Kodak rebate that included a battery charger, NIMH batteries, and a 125 MB SD card. I've seen other cameras with more MP's that the pic quality didn't even come close to the Kodak. I use it at the mid to low resolution and it's unbelieveable, far better than my Nikon 35 mm. Eight by twelves are flawless. I wouldn't trade it for a 4.0 MP of any brand.
    labil, do you have the latest 4.0 Easyshare software? It is great,does it all. If you don't have it I can send you my CD...
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonG
    labil, do you have the latest 4.0 Easyshare software? It is great,does it all. If you don't have it I can send you my CD...
    DonG....I do have that software. I had been developing my Nikon 35 mm to a Kodak CD and loaded an earlier version, then upgraded to the 4.0. It's great for editing and loading photos from from my Kodak Digital, but I then export them to "My Pictures" for resizing and loading to Photobucket. I don't care much for the Ofoto email program, I would prefer to send pics directly to whom I sent them, but I appreciate the offer, though.