Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New reel purchase

Rambo Guest

Default New reel purchase

I just ordered one of the Mitchell 300xe reels from Cabelas for $25. It is the smallest one in the series. Does anyone have any experience with the new Mitchells? DId I do ok? It was regularly priced at around 49 dollars I think so I figured for the sale price it would be an ok reel.

Post Thanks / Like

I put one on a 6'6" Med action St Croix for sauger and I love it. I paid 49$ for it so i think you did "reel" good buddy. Good luck with it.
    RCF

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Yes, Rambo ...

Mitchell makes some good reels. Used the original 300's, back in the day :p ... then sold them to a friend of mine, who used them for competition casting (distance). I currently have two 308X reels, paired up with my 8ft BnM Duckworth FnF rods. Bought one at retail, and liked it so much that I bought another when BPS put them on closeout @ $15

If you got a 300Xe for $25 ... I think you'll get your money's worth of use out of it, and then some.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I have around 15 of them great reels got most on sale at BPS Mitchell makes fine reeels for the money take them apart clean and oil them will last a long time.The Advocet by Mitchell is also a good reel.
    HERE FISHY FISHY

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I am gonna get me some of the 310's which is what I think Rambo bought....trying to wait until I find the right deal on Ebay.

Post Thanks / Like

I've had a bunch of 'em, darn good reel for the money. If I found them for $25 I would buy 'em up.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536