Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Wintertime Creek Fishing 101

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wintertime Creek Fishing 101

Another good video is out there for anyone interested in finding an alternative to being cooped up in a house during the winter and wanting to go crappie fishing in the creeks. This video is a good testament to provoking crappie fishermen in to thinking about bundling up and heading to the headwaters of a lake during the winter to do some amazing shallow crappie fishing. Shad and their presence determine the success or failure of those crappie fishing trips. During the winter, Crappie do two things; some go deep and others go up the creeks to gourge on shad.

Paul O'Bier, crappie guide in North Texas shows various secrets to catching wintertime crappie. The video once again, like many of Paul and Jerry's video's gets down to the basics, but provokes thoughts on ways to catch the creek crappie. If nothing else it gives you something to think about trying. The video is about vertical jig fishing and fishing with a jig under a bobber and is helpful for the beginning fishermen and entertaining for the more experienced. Lots and lots of small fish with a keeper every 10-15 fish or so.

Video is Wintertime Creek Fishing 101

Contact Jerry or Paul if interested:

North Texas Guide Service
    or
    www.hancockoutdoorporductions.com

For more info.

Good Fishing,
    Ron, Mud-Dabber

Post Thanks / Like

I got my copy this week as well. I don't know what it is about Jerry and Paul's videos but they get me fired up to go everytime I watch 'em.

If you don't anything about Jerry and Paul let me tell you that you'll never meet two finer gentlemen and fisherman. I'm fortunate enough to belong to Crappie Anglers of Texas along with these two guys and they have both been very giving when it comes to information and help for new guys!

Post Thanks / Like

Darn Ron, I should hire you to my advertising! That was a fun video to do. We spend a lot of time walking creeks in the winter catching those shallow fish. It can be a ball. I hope it will help some folks understand what creek fishing is all about. Gives you something to do on those windy days.. Thanks for the kind words Mike/Ron.
    Jerry