PDA

View Full Version : Som'ins Up Guy's

flatfish46
12-04-2008, 08:37 AM
THERE'S A CURSE ON THIS WEB SIGHT 3 MORNING'S IN A ROW I'VE GOTTON UP CALM OUTSIDE SOON AS I ENTER MY PASS WORD TO JUST CHECKIN THE WIND START'S TA BLOWIN LIKE A JET GOIN BY MY BACK DOOR DOSE ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCE THIS STRANGE EVENT?:mad:

Saline Lake Jigs
12-04-2008, 08:39 AM
what i have noticed is it has been noice and cold all week while i have to work and when it comes to the weekend its raining and like a heat wave comes through. makes for crappie fishing

flatfish46
12-04-2008, 08:49 AM
I don't think I can make another day of endless jig tying!!

CrappiePappy
12-04-2008, 10:18 AM
I don't allow any "curses" on this forum :p

Crappie don't care about the wind ... they can't feel it, anyway ;)

SOMEWHERE on the lake, the wind ain't blowin ... find it !!

Dress warm, be safe, and catch a bunch !!

... luck2ya .... cp :cool:

(and don't log in until you get back home ... LOL !! )

flatfish46
12-04-2008, 11:14 AM
What If'in all the water is blowed out of the lake just lay down plywood and walk out and pick'im up??

CrappiePappy
12-04-2008, 11:21 AM
What If'in all the water is blowed out of the lake just lay down plywood and walk out and pick'im up??

unless you're into mud wrestling Crappie :D

... cp :cool:

rnvinc
12-04-2008, 12:14 PM
I agree with crappypappy that you can find somewhere on the lake that the wind isn't blowing....or at least it's blowing to your benefit.

The first thing I do when getting ready to go fishing is check the wind direction and speed forecast on accuweather.com then take that info to my map to see where that wind will help me in my boat control.

In spider rigging my biggest concern is boat control....into the wind, into the wind, into the wind....

flatfish46
12-04-2008, 02:39 PM
Thanks for the forcast add.

GRIZZ
12-04-2008, 03:24 PM
Good grief man your in TX. It should be crappie fishing heaven right now. If you think you have it rough, go look at my walleye thread. A little wind and weather make the fish hungry man. GO GET EM!!

Arkie John
12-04-2008, 05:12 PM
If your blood's gettin' a little thin, get you one of those little upright propane heaters from walmart and a couple of canisters of propane, a blanket and go fishin' anyways after you dress for the weather. Dress in layers and before you know it, the afternoon is upon you and you'll be peelin' off some of the top layers and turnin' down the heater. You might even have a few fish to show us.

aj

supergooser
12-04-2008, 09:20 PM
Hey flat quit gettin up so early, then the wind blows all the time like it does here in Ar.

Crappie Reaper
12-04-2008, 09:24 PM
Here in Oklahoma, we've been going through some Typhoon style winds. I'll wait for calmer waters.

flatfish46
12-04-2008, 09:27 PM
Tell Me typhoon I know I seen A house sparrow come by the window today didn't have it's wings out just balled up runnin about 50!!!!!!!!!!! honest truth !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ProvTexas
12-05-2008, 07:49 AM
Wind has been terrible! My coffee was white capping yesterday.

fishinRod
12-05-2008, 05:42 PM
SOMEWHERE on the lake, the wind ain't blowin ... find it !!
)

it has been my experience that where there aint no wind, there aint no fish either!:mad:

brimreaper
12-07-2008, 04:30 AM

Man the "crappie" sure is getting deep in this thread....sparrows doin 50...white cappin coffee...water gettin blowed out of the lake...what about the trees with all their limbs wrapped around the trunk to keep the bark from being blowed off....hmmm...brim:eek:

Crappie Reaper
12-07-2008, 08:11 AM

Now that's funny! I had to add a set of outriggers to mine.