Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: multiple operating systems

Post Thanks / Like

Default multiple operating systems

I normally reformat my own hard drive every year or two.
    I delete all partitions and then install new partitions and then the operating system and all programs. I did this for a relative and they made a complaint about 6 months later that someone diagnosed that their computer had multiple operating systems and was causing problems. How would I check for this and confirm if this is so?
    "Some days im Basstastic other days im crapptacular"

Post Thanks / Like

Dual booting doesn't cause any problems unless you install the newer OS before the older OS. For example, if you want to dual boot XP and Vista, you have to install XP on a partition first, then install Vista on another partition. To check for multiple OS just reboot the PC. There should be a black screen to choose your OS. Or if that doesn't show up, boot to the OS then (assuming it is XP) click start, run and in the box type msconfig then hit enter. Click the boot.ini tab and see if multiple OS are listed. Then click check all boot paths and reboot.

Post Thanks / Like

Default thanks Dave!!

Ill check it out. I was sure i totally wiped it clean and was thinking that they somehow install their older version after i had reformatted with XP.
    "Some days im Basstastic other days im crapptacular"

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

robbor when you do the format...don't do the quick format....do the one that takes longer.