Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: A good walleye night

Post Thanks / Like

Default A good walleye night

I stopped down to the lake after dusk and got a few hits and one fish, so I went back at 9 and fished till 12:30. I called a few friends to come join the fun. We landed 11 walleyes and had on and lost or got hits from easily twice as many more. It was hovering just above 20 degrees with a decent southern breeze so it was a bit nippy. Its fun when they hit this time of year because you retrieve VERY slowly and they hit the surface quite hard. It sounds like someone snapping their fingers magnified about 5 times. Unfortunately, they also miss hits a lot which is frustrating, but very exciting. They ranged from about 20 inches to 28. Largest was 9 lbs.

Here are some pix.

Last edited by GRIZZ; 12-03-2008 at 10:21 AM.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Those are giants. Great Job. It sure looks like a lot of fun.

Post Thanks / Like

WTG GRIZZ They can be alot of fun when they are hitting looks like a nice haul.
    MT.DEW AND JP8 IN THE MORNING GETS THE BLOOD FLOWING.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice fish!. Good Eating...

You can keep all that "White Stuff" up there..:p I don't miss that at all :D..

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great Catch!!

Those are some nice fish! Best thing, you don't even need a cooler to keep em cooooold.

Were you fishing Chautauqua or up north on Erie. I live by the western basin, Catawba Island area, and have been waiting paitently for the night bite to kick in. Some locals around here are saying it isn't gonna go this year, but this gives me hope that it just may be running late.

Are you using surface baits? We throw husky jerks, shad raps and rattle traps, so everything is running at least 4'-5' below surface. Never tried anything on top.

WOW... nice fish!!!

Post Thanks / Like

WTG that looks like a good time. I wish we would get a little bit of that white stuff down here.
    can't catch'em at home

Post Thanks / Like

Chautauqua. They come real shallow this time of year, so we use firetiger and perch thundersticks waking the surface just fast enough to barely wobble. I did get some earlier in the fall till now but this was my best night bite this fall season. I use that word fall very loosely. We have had snow nearly every day since the first week of Nov. Grr. If they were in deeper water all those lures you listed would work here too. I would add these though.

http://www.livetargetlures.com/ http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/descp...IM-SBZSFS.html http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/descp...G-TTMISS.html# I also crush them on gulp minnows 2.5, 3, 4 inch and swimbaits like big hammers in 3-4 inch sizes on jigheads.

Quote Originally Posted by AtticaFish View Post
    Those are some nice fish! Best thing, you don't even need a cooler to keep em cooooold.

Were you fishing Chautauqua or up north on Erie. I live by the western basin, Catawba Island area, and have been waiting paitently for the night bite to kick in. Some locals around here are saying it isn't gonna go this year, but this gives me hope that it just may be running late.

Are you using surface baits? We throw husky jerks, shad raps and rattle traps, so everything is running at least 4'-5' below surface. Never tried anything on top.

WOW... nice fish!!!
    Last edited by GRIZZ; 12-03-2008 at 12:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice stringer of walleyes! I see you like freezing yours in a bucket. :D

Post Thanks / Like

Mine are the fresh looking ones on the stringer. :p The guys I invited left theirs on the snow then when they left they tossed em in a bucket. I thought the tails sticking out looked like a good pic. They were pretty close to walleyesickles by then.

Post Thanks / Like

The fish look great!! you keep that white stuff there.
    Dave

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast