Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: East Fork ???

Post Thanks / Like

Default East Fork ???

How low will it get? winter pool is 729
    Today it's 723.2 will it make a new low??
    The low on record is 720.82 on 1/3/2000
    The record high was 771.82 on 1/18/05
    J.I.L. <*)}}}><

Post Thanks / Like

Let's just hope that when it finally comes back up it happens slowly. Not from drying up to out of it's banks like it did this past March.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yates View Post
    How low will it get? winter pool is 729
    Today it's 723.2 will it make a new low??
    The low on record is 720.82 on 1/3/2000
    The record high was 771.82 on 1/18/05
    Dang I want to get out there bad.. My days off have been filled with BS with owning an old home.. broken down furnace, Leaking faucet, sawing up an old dead tree, general yard work and stopped up sinks... The list goes on and on.. I am looking for a day that doesn't have 17 mph winds and I am going to lay whatever it is I am doing down and go mark some fishing holes and maybe do a little fishing to boot..
    Last edited by JusFshn; 12-05-2008 at 12:14 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

The bite is still on. My dad went today and yesterday and caught 50 plus both days. The river was good yesterday, but slow today. he found them today in the big cove to the left (name???) on the way towards Macedonia from the river, just before the wake zone by the road bed. Yesterday he caught 2 over 14" and a bunch in the 12"-13" range. I couldn't make it out with him, but I had to hear about it all day. Still 2.5-3' deep though. The weather is getting cold, but the fish are still eating good. Just gotta find 'em. I'm going out Sunday morning for a few hours then next Sunday for half a day or so. Gotta get on 'em before the lake freezes or the ramps dry up, whichever comes first. JusFshn, I feel your pain. I've got a garbage disposal that needs replaced that I've been putting off for a few weeks now. The wife has started screaming yet, but I think it's getting done tomorrow before she cuts off my fishing priviledges.....or worse.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That cove you are talking about and the timber behind the Bethel ramp is where we caught them 2 weeks ago. We just didn't catch any with any size. Glad to hear they are still biting.
    Last edited by kycreek; 12-06-2008 at 07:53 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

SpeckWick that cove is called Barn's Run.
    kycreekboy the cove/creek behind bethel ramp is called Clover.
    good luck & stay dry...Larry
    J.I.L. <*)}}}><

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Larry. I haven't fished that cove as much as the others. Not sure why. Everytime I pass it on my way to Poplar or Clover I think about hitting it, but I never really have. Maybe three or four times ever.
    I didn't make it out this morning. Figured there'd be snow on the ramps and opted to keep my truck out of the lake. Next weekend for sure. We are supposed to get some days over 45-50 this week. Maybe it will slow the rapid drop in water temps a little.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com