Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tip Of The Day

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Tip Of The Day

I think it would be pretty cool to have a tip of the day section I'm gonna give ya'll one now I fish braided line no local retailers carry any hi-vis ? tip I'm currently using spider wire vanish seems to be good line take you a high-lighter pin I used pink and yellow slit end of tip with exato knife slide line through slit turn pen downard and start cranking reel I did this when I respooled perfect colored line very even since this line is white out of the box can't wait to see if it work's in black light.
    Last edited by flatfish46; 12-17-2008 at 03:05 PM.
    STICK-A-FORK-IN-ME-IM-DUMBER !
    www.CrazyAnglerTackle.com

Post Thanks / Like

Ok Here Is A Tip That Might Help Someone Else Out. I Use Bass Assaaains For Shooting Under Docks A Lot Of The Time. They Skipp Great Off The Water. But If You Take A Tube Jig Head And Push It Inside The Body Instead Of A Round Jig Head That Sticks Out In Front Of The Body . Then They Skip Easier And Further. Also Get A Bottle Of Super Glue With The Brush And Brush A Small Amount On The Head Of The Jig Before You Push The Bait Up. It Will Stay Up On The Jig Longer And Keep The Bait From Tearing Up. It Will Also Make The Bait Fall Different Than With The Other Head . So You Get A Little Different Action From Your Bait. I Hope This Helps Someone Catch More Crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for including this tip on tube heads in solid baits, it does work great- plus they fall in a spiral so you may want to add a swivel to keep out twists....some days this little rig will limit you out!
    "Never Fry Bacon Naked"

Post Thanks / Like

Don't take wooden nickles...Never pee into the wind...Want more?? JJ
    I have a tip, when respooling line onto the reel put the roll of line into a kitchen drawer and close it. It puts the perfect amount of tension on the line and keeps the spool from jumping all over the place.

Post Thanks / Like

TIP OF THE DAY IF! YOU CURRENTLY ARE NOT TIEING YOUR OWN JIG'S DO NOT START ON DAY'S YOU CAN'T FISH YOU'LL BE TIEING COLOR'S AND STYLE'S YOU COULD'NT CATCH A TREE ROOT ON !!!!!!! lISTEN TO ME don't start It's addictive.

Post Thanks / Like

tip of the day. for today......... if you have problems with extra line jumping off the spool when you shoot docks. try only filling the spool half way full. the reel will still shoot plenty far enough under a dock and you will eliminate most fluff offs.

Post Thanks / Like

Those are some good tips
    can't catch'em at home

Post Thanks / Like

Love tips, but wouldn't it be easier to just post the tip on the board that you think it fits? Not being picky, but like on the jig tying board we can do tips and it fits right in on the tying.

Something like you posted here about eh line would be good on any boards you post on and especially this main board and maybe your state board. I just think most will go to a few boards to read new stuff and not check out more boards. Just my opinion though.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

yea Ive kind of noticed that some boards get more attention.