Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for new equipment

Rambo Guest

Default Suggestions for new equipment

I am looking for a new ultralight spinning rod and reel. Does anyone have rods and reels that they would recommend or not recommend? I would like to keep the price low but also want a quality product. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the Shakespear Ugly Stick ultralight combos are great. I use mine a lot and have no problems with them. The reels hold up well - I just keep them clean and lightly greased. The rod is strong enough for big fish as well as the panfish. I get quite a few largemouths and smallmouths and that is extremely fun.
    Sam in PA and FL

Post Thanks / Like

I'm gonna tell you Rambo I aquired several rod and reel combo's lately i'm new to this full time sport I've got mitchells ,shimano,quatumn,zebco and gandeir mountian reels their all good the shimano-gandiers being the smoother of them with 7 bearings $29.95 rods got some close out's on rapala's $14.99 8-10 footers b&m's, and berkleys got $30.00 to $60.00 in each combo their cheaper one's out there but my stuff get's about 3 days a week use 1 at the least.
    STICK-A-FORK-IN-ME-IM-DUMBER !
    www.CrazyAnglerTackle.com

Post Thanks / Like

Check out Wally Marshall poles at Bass Pro (Pro Series should go on sale soon I think). Then a little higher price is the B&M Uncle Buck's Ultimate pole at Cabela's (big difference as to which B&M you look at though). You may also look at Pro Angler Poles and they are good and still low cost at under $30 I think.

Crappie Rods, Crappie Jigs, Catfish Rods, Baitcast Reel, Fishing Rods, Fishing Reels, Spinning Reels

Reels I really like Shimano best of all, but don't have any under $50-$60 in my boat. So can't say a lot about their lower cost reels, but their other reels are as good as any in the world. Shimano is a Gear Mfg. and I think about 75% of all great in all cars and trucks come from them so making gears for reels is nothing for them.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

You can get a 6ft. light action Jarvis Walker royale gold custom from academy sports . these are great rods. they are normally about $19.00 but are on sale for $9.88. For a reel i would get a pinnacle deadbolt dul20c. they are just under $20. so for $30 plus tax you can get a great combo.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New mount for ya Rambo

Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

read a little pr for grizzly post by scrapper!
    STICK-A-FORK-IN-ME-IM-DUMBER !
    www.CrazyAnglerTackle.com

Post Thanks / Like

My Ultralite is an old BPS Pro Comp II 6 ft 2 piece. I love that rod!!! I have an older Shimano TX-110 plus reel on it. You can't beat the Shimanos.

Fatman

Scrapper is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II - Moderator Mechanics forum
    Post Thanks / Like

send OsoFishy a pm...or call him at grizzlyjigs (real name is Lance)...he will talk with you about all their products and will help you find what you want for your price range...really informative. From what I've been told you can't beat their prices and service. Not that others do not know there stuff, but he can tell you about ALOT of products...and well, is just a joy to speak with...lots of knowledge there!

Number is 800-305-9866
    "But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 25:15

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone has their own preference in this! Here,s mine i have the shimano sahara 750 fb reel with 4# test line on a 5 foot Quantum xtralite IM 6 rod. my wife has the pfluger microspin U it,s also mounted on a xtralite Quantum rod. I got both rods & reels for $110 at Academy sports now is a great time to shop lot,s of good deals & clearance sales going on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast