Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Washington Slab

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Washington Slab

Headed back out on Lake Washington over the holiday weekend and did pretty good. 3 smallies 4lbs and over, a bunch of post-spawn and hungry perch, and nailed about 2 dozen crappies. Fished a couple areas I hadn't tried in a few years and the fish were still there like always.

Here's a pic of a nice pair of crappie. The one on the right was 11.5" and went a little over a pound. The one on the left was 15" and went 2lbs.

Here's a nice 4.7lb smallmouth that had yet to spawn. Fish was released.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice, SlabKing! Have the crappie spawned yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Moose. They are just starting to spawn on Washington. Everytime I found an area with 60 to 65 degree water there were females holding just outside the spawning areas. The males were up pretty shallow already. Caught a few that were in 3 feet of water or less. The females all still had their eggs and were in about 6 to 10 feet of water. They'll be up shallow soon, later if the weather stays like it is. I like the unstable weather..prolongs the spawn by about three weeks. This year they may spawn into late June.

Post Thanks / Like

That top pick just made the cover page of gamefishin.com! Nice!!

Post Thanks / Like

those sure are some really really nice crappie. Where are the best places in lake washington to fish for crappie?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ajacobs
    those sure are some really really nice crappie. Where are the best places in lake washington to fish for crappie?
    It can be tuff finding them out there but I use http://terraserver.microsoft.com/ to find good spots and just check them all when I get on the lake. I've found that a lot of the fish will spawn on small points with weeds on them like the one below which is were I caught a few this weekend. The south end of the lake near Coulon Park can be good as well if you find some sunken wood near weeds.

Post Thanks / Like

sounds good. thanks for the info

Post Thanks / Like

There will two boats going out to washington on sat., mine and masta's I wouldn't mind setten it to a couple of thoes crappies! What kind of presentation were you doing to capture them crappie? What kind of areas do you look for?
    Last edited by Kokanee King; 06-02-2005 at 09:44 PM.
    To land one of my crappie i need a gaff and a .22 pistal :D

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Slabking,were you fishing lake washington last friday just on the north-east side along Mercer Island close to the shore weedlines/hydrilla? I was out there fishing smallmouths around there and Medina.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbird5234
    Hey Slabking,were you fishing lake washington last friday just on the north-east side along Mercer Island close to the shore weedlines/hydrilla? I was out there fishing smallmouths around there and Medina.
    I didn't make it out on friday. Went out on Sunday afternoon and all day Monday. I drive a yellow 18ft Monark bass boat....can't miss that thing if you try :D. If you ever see me out come on over and say hi. Did you do any good on the smallies?

Koke: I was casting jigs to weedlines in areas with scattered rock and wood. I was looking for small points that can only be seen with a depth finder. Find rock, weeds, or wood on these hard to find points and the crappie will be stacked on them. A lot guys look at me like I'm crazy because they can not figure out why I'm fishing were I am lol. I like to find areas that other fisherman don't have the time/patience to find. There are a lot of areas that from the surface look like "dead" water but there are humps, rockpiles, huge sunken forrest underwater and I'll fish all of them until I find fish. Run and Gun method lol.

I'd try the south end close to Coulon Park to start out. Fish all the pilings in that area. If you see any coves pull into them and look for rocks and wood. There are a lot of old logs and trees underwater down there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast