Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Journal

Post Thanks / Like

Default Journal

I am going to start keeping a journal of my fishing trips on the computer, I was wondering if any one could direct me to a site where I could load a form with thiings like temp, # of fish, wind things like that any help would be appreciated

Post Thanks / Like

If you have Word, you can make your own. I have been thinking of doing the same, but with a paper format. That way I can write in it as soon as I get off the water.

Post Thanks / Like

I have made my own with excel . works great just make sure and fill it in when you get home or a couple days later you may forget some details.

Post Thanks / Like

Go to Nicksimonson.com He has a Anglers Journal that can be downloaded or printed for personal use.
    RCF

Post Thanks / Like

I just wrote everything out and saved it in word perfect, something the wife showed me. It sure has came in handy.
    can't catch'em at home

Post Thanks / Like

I always wondered why the gps/sonar people have not came up with a program to do this as you fish. It would need to be quick and simple so it would interfere with your fishing as little as possible. You could input as little or as much info as you like. The unit will already have a lot of info, such as-water temp, location, time of day, moon phase, water depth (which may not be relevant if you are casting to bank), I think some units are capable of giving barometric pressure. Might need some sort of remote for input.

Post Thanks / Like

I use a wall calendar with big blocks to write in. When I come in from fishing, I'll note the water temp, number of fish, color of jig and location. Today I have 5 years of calendars and it really helps to give you a starting place to try when you launch the boat. In the spring you know where/when the 1st crappie move up to spawn and what the water temp. was, etc...

Post Thanks / Like

Try crappiefishingusa.com/FishingLog.htm see what you think.

Post Thanks / Like

got a new cell phone few mounts ago has a memo button on it. just hit the record button when I leave the lake. and transcribe when I feel like it.