Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Aqua View

Post Thanks / Like

Question Aqua View

Does anyone use the Aqua View for open water fishing? I see it used a great deal for frozen water nad wonder how it works during open water. Can you see any strucutre with it? Does the water have to be so clear you can see a dime at 30 feet for it to be of any use?
    DR Fish

Post Thanks / Like

You can see pretty good when there is a contrasting background like the cover. Depth perception in open water is nonexistent. I use mine when dock fishing to locate the fish and their depth. I also use it to inspect our bamboo crappie condos or on something we've found that gives an unusual sonar signature to see what it is.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Here in N/W PA, the water doesn't stay clear enough to use it consistently. Rarely able to see even a foot away. I have to bump the brush most of the time before i can actually see it. The more churned up the water gets from boat traffic or heavy winds, the less you'll be able to use it up here. If you plan to use it on a stained lake, save your money and get a SI. You'll get a better picture, more consistently, with that.

Post Thanks / Like

what chaunc said almost the same here in Missouri

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chaunc View Post
    Here in N/W PA, the water doesn't stay clear enough to use it consistently. Rarely able to see even a foot away. I have to bump the brush most of the time before i can actually see it. The more churned up the water gets from boat traffic or heavy winds, the less you'll be able to use it up here. If you plan to use it on a stained lake, save your money and get a SI. You'll get a better picture, more consistently, with that.
    You answered the question I had about them. I was thinking about buying one not now.
    can't catch'em at home